Member classification ?

I noticed that each member is classified as Member or Junior Member or Sinior Member what is the difference between the classifications?
The worst day of fishing is still better than the best day of work:\

Replies

• Ol MuckyOl Mucky Posts: 5,534 Admiral
    Its either how long u been here, how many posts, or if your really super special...........I can't telleither
    I have a much bigger and more powerful button
  • ReaperReaper Posts: 486 Officer
    # of posts
    tumblr_lesrrtx1Hc1qe0eclo1_r1_500.gif
  • urbanRenewalurbanRenewal Posts: 395 Officer
    I dont know. When this "new" forum came up there was a message that one could use thier "old" username and i thought it said it would match it to some history carried over from the "old" forum. I registered my name and was told it "was not taken" and became a "new" member in spite of being a member (with this username) of the old forum for beau coup years.

in the end, it matters not I guess. all the history got lost (again) anyway so we are all starting off "new", eh?

Tom
    Capt. Tom Urban, "urbanRenewal", Cudjoe Key, FL www.LooeKeyReefAdventures.com
  • keylargo359keylargo359 Posts: 1,249 Officer
    I did the same but was just curious as to what the reason was for the different classification :shrug but your right it makes no matter:cool:

"also curious" I think when I reregesterd I started out junior member and I just noticed know I am a "Member" Did I PI$$ some one off or do I rate higher know :shrug
  • KlingerKlinger Posts: 1,767 Captain
    I think you graduate to member from junior member at 30 posts.
    In my many years, I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame,two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.-- John Adams
  • keylargo359keylargo359 Posts: 1,249 Officer
    Thanks for the feed back now I know ;)
  • Plane Fish nPlane Fish n Posts: 6,439 Admiral
    I dont know. When this "new" forum came up there was a message that one could use thier "old" username and i thought it said it would match it to some history carried over from the "old" forum. I registered my name and was told it "was not taken" and became a "new" member in spite of being a member (with this username) of the old forum for beau coup years.

in the end, it matters not I guess. all the history got lost (again) anyway so we are all starting off "new", eh?

Tom

Hey Tom,

As an acquaintance of Griz (administrator), I know the way this was originally set up.

All the original usernames were reserved for their original owners.

There was no mention of attaching the old post number, the classification or the old history to the new forum. Actually, they knew it could never happen.

Regardless of when you started with the forum, EVERYONE starts out as a junior member until 30 posts and then becomes a senior member at 100 posts.

Good luck guys.. and keep posting.

I for one enjoy reading them.

Cheers

Eric
    PLANE FISH N
  • Lobstercatcher229Lobstercatcher229 Posts: 4,844 Captain
    :USA thanks for the info! I now can look forward to being a senior member soon!
  • Got TA GoGot TA Go Posts: 2,608 Captain
    Hey Tom,

As an acquaintance of Griz (administrator), I know the way this was originally set up.

All the original usernames were reserved for their original owners.

There was no mention of attaching the old post number, the classification or the old history to the new forum. Actually, they knew it could never happen.

Regardless of when you started with the forum, EVERYONE starts out as a junior member until 30 posts and then becomes a senior member at 100 posts.

Good luck guys.. and keep posting.

I for one enjoy reading them.

Cheers

What he said. :Agree
    www.gottagofishinginkeywest.com

Hero's Don't Wear Capes....They Wear Dog Tags.
  • urbanRenewalurbanRenewal Posts: 395 Officer
    Personally it's a pleasure seeing "junior" associated me in/on anything.

I already have too much "senior" in my life. :grin

Tom
    Capt. Tom Urban, "urbanRenewal", Cudjoe Key, FL www.LooeKeyReefAdventures.com
  • Got TA GoGot TA Go Posts: 2,608 Captain
    Personally it's a pleasure seeing "junior" associated me in/on anything.

I already have too much "senior" in my life. :grin

Tom

Tom...At your age....Chances are you've been a "senior" longer than you were a "junior". LOL

Rob
    www.gottagofishinginkeywest.com

Hero's Don't Wear Capes....They Wear Dog Tags.