TEAM SUPERFISHAL - BIG YELLOWFIN TUNA 7-24-11

First, let me say that as the YFT season is coming to an end. It has been one of my best seasons ever. And were still trying and not giving up on breaking the 100# mark, although we do believe we had him on ONCE. Since the last post, we did 3 other runs and averaged about 8 fish each time. All between 25-60 pounds. But on this last trip, not a single fish was under 60 pounds. We ended this trip with 4 Yellowfins (The biggest one for the year which came in at 74 pounds), 7 blackfins, and a bunch of skippys (chunk bait).... We did the run on my buddy's 56ft Viking which was like fishing from a Four Seasons Hotel balcony. Awesome!!! I believe we would have landed more fish on The SuperFishal, but the luxury of the trip was unbelievable..

TEAM SUPERFISHAL :fishing

The FATTY.. 74 pounds
IMG_6267.jpg

IMG_6293.jpg

IMG_6284.jpg

Replies

• getightgetight Posts: 43 Deckhand
    CONO!!! Those are some quality fish!!! Solid Work!!!
    EPDLJShirtlogo.jpg
  • Lucky7Team2Lucky7Team2 Posts: 6,794 Officer
    How much longer you think they will be around for?

Sweet haul...
  • saltydawg79saltydawg79 Posts: 13 Greenhorn
    Way to go,,,,you guys have been slammin the YFT. Nice work
  • AAnglerAAngler Posts: 340 Deckhand
    REAL NICE!!!!
  • NACl H2O LuvrNACl H2O Luvr Posts: 12,124 AG
    Wow awesome report!! Thanks for sharing.

Just curious, what would have made you land more fish on your boat vs the Viking?
  • Sea N DoubleSea N Double Posts: 18 Greenhorn
    Niceeeee Catch !! Hope they are there for a few more days !!! Leaving Saturday for 9 days. :fishing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • probate-rprobate-r Posts: 269 Deckhand
    Awesome fish. Congratulations on a nice catch.
    Intrepid 370 - "My Favorite"
  • copout@castaways[email protected] Posts: 5,779 Admiral
    Sick!
    Really beginning to dislike you, can you please post a report where all you catch is grunts. TYVM.
  • waterman419waterman419 Posts: 129 Deckhand
    Sweet fishin... Those are a great fight..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]AMERICAN WATERMAN. Life on the water. Developing gear for people who live the waterman lifestyle : 954-295-1911 or e-mail: [email protected]
  • Lucky7Team2Lucky7Team2 Posts: 6,794 Officer
    Wow awesome report!! Thanks for sharing.

Just curious, what would have made you land more fish on your boat vs the Viking?

CC's are great for tuna fishing as a coupl guys on the bow ready to cast right into the school. On the sporty you have to wait till you pass the school and the Capt swins the **** of the boat in position.
  • gdholbrookgdholbrook Posts: 480 Deckhand
    another amazing job!
  • snookyjsnookyj Posts: 1,687 Officer
    Nice job y'all!!!
  • IndianoutlawIndianoutlaw Posts: 550 Officer
    I can't tell if the one guy is playing guitar or holding a fish! Great job again!:Rockon
    P1000022_2.jpg
  • Team SuperFishalTeam SuperFishal Posts: 46 Deckhand
    Lucky7Team2---I personally think their there all year. However, the birds migrate so its harder to find them.... Thinking we have another moon and were done.
  • SloughSlough S.w. Ga./ St. JamesPosts: 4,633 Captain
    :beer great report
    I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you
  • pipo6007pipo6007 Posts: 41 Greenhorn
    SuperFishal, I might be heading to Bimini this weekend and was thinking about trying some Tuna fishing in the Channel. I know its a full moon this weekend and wanted to know if that makes Tuna fishing better in the am. and/or late afternoon? Any of your input would be great!
  • Team SuperFishalTeam SuperFishal Posts: 46 Deckhand
    pipo6007 wrote: »
    SuperFishal, I might be heading to Bimini this weekend and was thinking about trying some Tuna fishing in the Channel. I know its a full moon this weekend and wanted to know if that makes Tuna fishing better in the am. and/or late afternoon? Any of your input would be great!

The best bite on the full moon is definetly late afternoon........
  • pipo6007pipo6007 Posts: 41 Greenhorn
    Cool, Thanks for your help!...