Heading over to Grand Cay August 7th. Where to stay?

shady businessshady business Posts: 30 Deckhand
Called Rosie's and they are booked up. Is there anywhere else to stay near by. This is my first trip over there.

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• Gary MGary M Posts: 13,130 AG
    There are several other places but I don't have the phone numbers for you. Jolly's Place which is next door to Rosie's, Club Med and another, small place down past Rosie's. Worst case, you could call Rosie's and ask them for the numbers. Tell them that you'll promise to come down there for drinks and dinner one night!
  • shady businessshady business Posts: 30 Deckhand
    There's a Club Med on Grand Cay?
  • Gary MGary M Posts: 13,130 AG
    There's a Club Med on Grand Cay?

Yes................. and no!!

Amazingly, Old Bahama Bay sits on the former grounds of a Jack Tar Village resort that had 550 rooms. Some Jack Tar's in the 80's could almost have been considered "Adult Camp"!
  • IdlewildeIdlewilde Posts: 1,357 Officer
    Gary M wrote: »
    Yes................. and no!!

Amazingly, Old Bahama Bay sits on the former grounds of a Jack Tar Village resort that had 550 rooms. Some Jack Tar's in the 80's could almost have been considered "Adult Camp"!

Strange reply. Maybe you do not know much about the Bahamas??? If you do, what does what you posted have to do with Grand Cay?
  • MenziesMenzies Posts: 19,289 AG
    Old Bahama Bay is at West End - that's Grand Bahama island - not even part of the Abacos.
    Maybe if we tell people that the brain is an App, they will start using it.
  • shady businessshady business Posts: 30 Deckhand
    Menzies wrote: »
    Old Bahama Bay is at West End - that's Grand Bahama island - not even part of the Abacos.

That's what I figured he was talking about.