Just back from South Florida for the Opening Of The Annual Lobster Circus

Made a run south down the turnpike yesterday? To be on the water off Miami at Mid-night:cookoo for the opener of the 2011 lobster season? Weather was a little tough, kind of windy with rain all around?
But still managed to bring home a fine meal of bottom dwellers for dinner!:obscene
A lot of driving for a few hours on the water :shrug but came home with a great meal

A look at the Miami Sky Line as we headed out
030.jpg
A few bugs headed back to the dock with us:thumbsup
031.jpg
One Man Limit off Dade County
032.jpg
58c3c16f-8a45-4d30-b16f-bc3107cf4657_zpsplzwx9u1.jpg0af8c5e9-faa1-4c9d-81d3-c711ee6ce6e3_zpsojsft7fc.jpg

Replies

• ReelDevotionReelDevotion Posts: 14 Greenhorn
    Let me know if you need help eating those :hungry
  • HammerheadTedHammerheadTed Posts: 1,224 Officer
    Nice! :thumbsup Lobstering is definitely fun, and I usually get a fire coral rub to extend the memory. Tickle stick & net or one of those loop snares?
  • troutman57troutman57 Posts: 3,691 Officer
    Looks like a sucessful drive and dive!
    This place Rocks if yer a crabber
  • PONCEPONCE Posts: 5,943 Officer
    Nice haul of the Lobsters Bob, you`ll be eating like a King sir party0038.gif
  • RedbonzRedbonz Posts: 4,529 Captain
    :thumbsup:thumbsup
    If it don't fit force it. If it breaks it needed replace anyways. :banghead
  • xmuskyguidexmuskyguide Beautiful HomosassaPosts: 1,480 Officer
    Nice to be able to eat your fill and not leave the table wishing you had more. :thumbsup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fishin RodFishin Rod Posts: 2,620 Captain
    If you go out at night., before midnight and stay until after midnight are you allowed two days limit? Just asking....
    "Be what you is"....... Isaiah Minter
  • huntentailshuntentails Posts: 1,696 Captain
    Fishin Rod wrote: »
    If you go out at night., before midnight and stay until after midnight are you allowed two days limit? Just asking....

That is correct statement Sir You can have a two day bag limit on shore the second night before and after midnight! You cannot possess a two day limit on while on the boat on the water You must bring them back to the ramp or home then go back out for the second limit at least that's how the law is enforced!

Regards
    58c3c16f-8a45-4d30-b16f-bc3107cf4657_zpsplzwx9u1.jpg0af8c5e9-faa1-4c9d-81d3-c711ee6ce6e3_zpsojsft7fc.jpg
  • Fishin RodFishin Rod Posts: 2,620 Captain
    That's how I understood it to be. I was just curious if I was right. This is the same with getting shrimp in the river I believe.
    "Be what you is"....... Isaiah Minter
  • capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 9,594 Moderator
    Nice!
    "You'll get your weather"
  • tailstalker2360tailstalker2360 Posts: 14 Greenhorn
    looks like someone will be eating real fine this week! good job
  • The DaveThe Dave Posts: 486 Deckhand
    Those bugs look good. I bet the drive was worth it :thumbsup
    I'll think of something witty to put here.....
  • jimsfishingobsessionjimsfishingobsession Posts: 158 Officer
    Nice job on the bugs. I wish I could have made the mini season this year:beer
  • angler18angler18 Posts: 2,036 Captain
    very nice haul, looks like some good dinners are in store
  • Speckle TroutSpeckle Trout Posts: 57 Greenhorn
    Nice haul. I've done a little lobster hunting but never at night. I think that would be exciting.
    Keep the drags smoking!
  • Big Bend BrianBig Bend Brian Posts: 1,405 Officer
    It’s definitely a circus for sure! Glad you guys did well. The winds during sport lobster sure did keep the number of boaters down we thought. We had a good trip too.

Brian