Mini Season Deaths? OVER/UNDER

2»

Replies

• LilRichardLilRichard Posts: 44 Deckhand
    pinfisher wrote: »
    Total was 2. One guy died snifffing a square grouper he caught that was pure coke. Story in the citizen.

Did the dude pull a scarface or what? Details were thin at best...
  • The Cat's EyeThe Cat's Eye Posts: 1,282 Officer
    I try to avoid mini season now days. Years ago, me and my dive buddy had to proform CPR on a free diver who has drowned while diving for lobster. We preformed CPR for 45 minutes, while the Coasties searched for their medic who was somewhere on break. We did not know the 30 year old victim (Who was in good shape with NO fat) but we had just stumbled onto the tragedy that was occuring just south of Gov't Cut in about 30 feet of water. We saved his body but not his brain, so his relatives finally pulled the plug in a couple of days and donated his organs. We were only about four to five miles out front of the Gov't Cut Coast Guard Station, if you can believe that. We asked for a chopper/air-lift but they said they had none available. The worst part of this whole ordeal was that the victim's elderly father was aboard and was tring to kill himself. The Father spoke no English and neither of us spoke any Spanish so getting on the radio was also tricky while doing the CPR at the same time. I finally forced the father to help us so I could radio the Coast Guard. I wish I could erase this memory from my mind.
    Giimoozaabi
  • HOMERHOMER Posts: 16 Greenhorn
    you guys are ridiculous
  • Joe McJoe Mc Posts: 721 Officer
    Under.
  • Justins DadJustins Dad Posts: 3,247 Officer
    Sort of surreal to read the joking about people dying while lobstering and then read "The Cat's Eye's" harrowing story....
  • PopeyePopeye Posts: 14,296 AG
    Mark O. wrote: »
    Do we get credit for the ones that didn't die because they didn't stay home and fall off the roof, or electrocuted trying to fix the hot water heater? :p

They used to use that logic to try and cancel the Chattahoochee Raft Race because every year someone (out of like a million people) would die. You put that many people in quiet rooms in recliner chairs and someone will die. :shrug
    No such a thing as a (hotwaterheater). If its hot, it dont need heating. I agree with all else.:Rockon
    When I was younger, I could remember anything...

whether it had happened or not.

Mark Twain
    Sort of surreal to read the joking about people dying while lobstering and then read "The Cat's Eye's" harrowing story....
    People die all day every day. From one cause or another. Its life. Death is as certain as birth.

Mark Twain
  • Justins DadJustins Dad Posts: 3,247 Officer
    As grown adults, we realize that death on earth is our destiny, but I find it ironic how death is often a joke, UNTIL it's someone we know or an experience we've had.
  • invincibleinvincible Posts: 25 Greenhorn
    We were off Snipes Point Wednesday and they didnt sound like they found those missing divers.
  • Triple Threat 33TTriple Threat 33T Posts: 18,669 Admin

I'm going with the OVER
    1 fat guy from Oviedo that dives once a year will die of a heart attack.

Well, one fat guy from Sorrento that dives once a year made it there and back in one piece and I didn't even have to break out the defibrillator once this time. I need to go on a diet.
    "Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. Amen."
  • luckyduck2luckyduck2 Posts: 208 Deckhand
    sounds about right
    JOBS,JOBS,JOBS, We need JOBS , I can't afford anymore change, We've had (ENOUGH) MR.obama
    http://www.availableangler.com/
  • INTREPID377INTREPID377 Posts: 3,737 Captain
    As grown adults, we realize that death on earth is our destiny, but I find it ironic how death is often a joke, UNTIL it's someone we know or an experience we've had.
  • Got TA GoGot TA Go Posts: 2,608 Captain
    Well, one fat guy from Sorrento that dives once a year made it there and back in one piece and I didn't even have to break out the defibrillator once this time. I need to go on a diet.

:rotflmao
    www.gottagofishinginkeywest.com

Hero's Don't Wear Capes....They Wear Dog Tags.
  • Fins13Fins13 Posts: 257 Deckhand

Rich how did you do i heard the weather was bad. I'm heading down after Emily clears out.
    Iv'e been hanging, I'm gonna go with over. I think people are getting dumber. If you have cash, you have a boat. I think more stingent rules need to be implemented. More awarness stuff!

Mark Twain