Mini Season Deaths? OVER/UNDER

I'm setting the over under on deaths in Monroe county related to mini season at 2.5. For the sake of the bet, only deaths that were caused on or in the water will count.

I'm going with the OVER
1 fat guy from Oviedo that dives once a year will die of a heart attack.

1 frat boy will get away from his buddies and drift out to sea never to be seen again

1 belligerent drunk guy will be shot by another belligerent drunk guy while arguing over who's "spot" this is.

What do ya'll think? Over or Under 2.5?

Replies

• copout@castaways[email protected] Posts: 5,779 Admiral
    I'll take the over
  • pinfisherpinfisher Posts: 317 Deckhand
    Over. Will be 3. I think 2 fat old guys will get it this year. Never could understand why someone wiil kill themselves over food.
  • triplenettriplenet Posts: 747 Officer
    I will take the under..... 1 diver and one boating accident...
    Gause Built 26
  • KlingerKlinger Posts: 1,726 Captain
    pinfisher wrote: »
    Over. Will be 3. I think 2 fat old guys will get it this year. Never could understand why someone wiil kill themselves over food.

I resemble that remark! Won't be down during the "Mini Circus" but do plan to be there for the first 3 weeks of the regular season. Remember us old fat guys can still find a few--just takes us a little longer than it used to:beer
    In my many years, I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame,two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.-- John Adams
  • endothelineendotheline Posts: 14 Greenhorn
  • Fly HookerFly Hooker Posts: 4,198 Captain
    It is very sad that this happens every year.
  • Navy_FishingNavy_Fishing Posts: 813 Officer
    There was talk on 16 from the USCG of a missing diver off of Key West. Didn't hear anything else and left the boat, so we may have had another.
  • Mark O.Mark O. Posts: 3,407 Captain
    Do we get credit for the ones that didn't die because they didn't stay home and fall off the roof, or electrocuted trying to fix the hot water heater? :p

They used to use that logic to try and cancel the Chattahoochee Raft Race because every year someone (out of like a million people) would die. You put that many people in quiet rooms in recliner chairs and someone will die. :shrug
  • Ol MuckyOl Mucky Posts: 5,525 Admiral
    1 fat guy from Oviedo that dives once a year will die of a heart attack.

Over or Under 2.5?

Close he was from Massachu****ts

I'm going with under.

One more person from a GW attack.

RIP for the other mans family :-(
    I have a much bigger and more powerful button
  • triplenettriplenet Posts: 747 Officer
    Ol Mucky wrote: »
    GW attack.

(

Grady White ?? :-)
    Gause Built 26
  • isla21isla21 Posts: 2,115 Officer
    triplenet wrote: »
    Grady White ?? :-)

With twins. One is bound to snag a diver. Over
  • TheBugShackTheBugShack Posts: 98 Greenhorn
    Morbid topic. Reminds me of the over/under for bike week in Daytona.

"The Bug Shack"
    Fl Keys Waterfront Rental
    http://www.homeaway.com/399780
    Frank
  • TavernierGuyTavernierGuy Posts: 917 Officer
    Pretty windy on the ocean side this morning and the current was running pretty good.
  • FritzFritz Posts: 253 Officer
    I spent most of today on the water, mostly around Lower Matecumbe and the upper end of Long Key. Two observations, first it seems like a LOT less boats out on the water, less then last year and last year seemed like less then the year before that. Second, this is the first year I didn't see one single law enforcement boat/aircraft, ect.

The ocean side is rough and the visibility on the bay is mediocre to very poor, depending on where you're at, really tough weather for lobstering, and the bugs are as plentiful as ever, no need to measure anything today, I'm happy to report.
  • Navy_FishingNavy_Fishing Posts: 813 Officer
    The Customs boat was at the Marina entrance in Key West (Galleon) asking people if they caught any. If you said no, you went free, if you said yes, they checked them. Funny, I would have done the opposite.
  • INTREPID377INTREPID377 Posts: 3,730 Captain
    Pretty windy on the ocean side this morning and the current was running pretty good.
    I didn't consider the limiting factor of rough weather. This could go Under after all.
  • Capt.NoBaitCapt.NoBait Posts: 253 Deckhand
    The Customs boat was at the Marina entrance in Key West (Galleon) asking people if they caught any. If you said no, you went free, if you said yes, they checked them. Funny, I would have done the opposite.
    Yea that doesn't make any sense????
  • bonebone Posts: 1,088 Officer
    OVER, because if my buddy doesn't bring me back some tails I'll kill him.
    Oh, no deaths attributed to mini season last year, or so I heard on the radio Tuesday AM. My guess is none this year, that early Wednesday dive accident besides, which read like it could have happened any day, and may not be related to lobster induced poor judgement.
  • Stu1077Stu1077 Posts: 12 Greenhorn
    Well I live in Oviedo and am not making it down for mini season. Since I am staying put, I will take the under.
    ><(((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>
  • Plane Fish nPlane Fish n Posts: 6,439 Admiral
    Morbid topic. Reminds me of the over/under for bike week in Daytona.

:Agree:Agree

Eric
    PLANE FISH N
  • TGunnTGunn Posts: 1,844 Captain
    What's the over/under for iguanas we've killed on the dock with a pellet gun, Rich?:thumbsup
  • copout@castaways[email protected] Posts: 5,779 Admiral
    TGunn wrote: »
    What's the over/under for iguanas we've killed on the dock with a pellet gun, Rich?:thumbsup

7? Do cuban anals counts too?
    TGunn wrote: »

TGunn, you're my newest hero... what kind of pellet gun do I need!!!
  • ThumpThump Posts: 188 Deckhand
    Fritz wrote: »
    TGunn, you're my newest hero... what kind of pellet gun do I need!!!

Brand isn't important... Just got to practice and see how many pumps it takes! (Kinda like a Tootsie Roll Pop)
    Well near as I can tell the "Under" wins. Not counting the unknown number of Iguana's that TGunn eradicated (:prayersforiguana), the death toll seems to be only 1.
  • Lucky7Team2Lucky7Team2 Posts: 6,794 Officer
    7? Do cuban anals counts too?

It's anoles. Carefyl what you type or a certain member from Hialeah will get excited...
  • pinfisherpinfisher Posts: 317 Deckhand
    Total was 2. One guy died snifffing a square grouper he caught that was pure coke. Story in the citizen.
    I saw that but, while the story seems to have a few holes in it, it doesn't appear that the deceased was in the act of catching lobster. So, as official body counter, I'm going to have to stick with one.
  • Ol MuckyOl Mucky Posts: 5,525 Admiral
    Will Eric be mailing us our prizes?
    I have a much bigger and more powerful button