Skip to main content
Home Panhandle General Fishing & The Outdoors

what bitting now

will be making a trip to pcb on the second week of nov, and will like to know what bitting from the pier and shore. i have only fish from the pier before , but this time i will like to fish from shore, but im not sure what public beach is available to do some sulf fishing from. please give me as much information as possible of locations, because i do not know the area that well, include st names where the beach is located. fish that i will like to target are trout, croacker, pompano and red fish.

Replies

• FLCoyoteFLCoyote Senior Member Panama CityPosts: 271 Deckhand
    At the end of 2nd street where it intersects with highway 98, in Mexico Beach is excellent for the type of fishing you are asking about. Its about 20 miles East of Panama City and my son fishes there quite a bit and usually does pretty well, especially on Whiting. You can also fish from the beach at Saint Andrews State park, its located off Thomas Drive. I haven't had much luck surf fishing there, but there is a rock jettie that goes out maybe 150 yards into the gulf that can be pretty good on ocassion. I haven't fished it in the last 20 years due to double knee replacement, but see lot of people fishing it when I'm out in my boat.
    FLCoyote
  • machofleamachoflea Member PCBPosts: 83 Deckhand
    Hey buddy,
    I fish the Piers in PCB all the time, in fact I used to fish it almost every Sunday. Right now, the bite has been really really slow with some spanish coming in here and there, but the Kings have just started to show. A couple were caught this past Monday and then I heard the bite was pretty good in the morning just past. I am hearing that the bite was wide open for a little in the morning, but I will have to confirm those reports. I know that the beginning of Nov and the mid-end of Oct, we had a hell of a lot of Sailfish coming through with many being hooked and a lot also landed. Some taken home many let go.
    But the bait right now is hard tails with some lys and very few cigars if any around.
    Whiting have also shown up at St Andrews, and you will likely find the Flounder bite being ok.
    Hope that helps!