Tom Tucker - Capt of TUCKEROUT Passed Away on May 20,2011

Tom was a sporting angler who loved Florida Sportsman Magazine and had many pictures shown therein of his family with various notable catches on his boat the "TUCKEROUT". There have been several very nice articles written in newspapers and online magazines about Tom and his life. See the following two:

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2011-05-24/sports/fl-fishing-report-tues-0524-20110524_1_jay-malin-competition-tackle-s-dolphin-dash-biggest-fish

http://www.bluewatermovements.com/fishhead_soup.html
Text From Sun Sentinal Follows:

Tom Tucker was the tops
Good angler, even better person dies from lymphoma at age 46
May 24, 2011|By Steve Waters, South Florida Sun-Sentinel

Tom Tucker was a good fisherman, but he was an even better person.

Those were the sentiments of those who knew him in the wake of his unexpected death Friday at the age of 46 of lymphoma.

I always enjoyed talking with Tom at saltwater tournaments. He and his wife, Lisa, often did well on their boat Tucker Out and I could always count on Tom to tell me the truth about where and how they fished.

Comments on my blog about Tom at SunSentinel.com/outdoors all noted what a good guy he was: "He was one of the best people I have ever met … A really sincerely great man … Tom was always there to share his fishing knowledge, help out or just be a friend." Some of his friends hope to have a tournament in Tom's honor to benefit Lisa and their children Olivia and Thomas.

Text from Bluewater Follows:

We'll Miss You Tom!

With a heavy heart, we are saddened to say that the fishing community in South Florida has lost one of it's beloved teammates. Tom Tucker was as passionate a fisherman as you will find anywhere. If it had gills, Tom liked to fish for it. He grew up chasing the tides from bridge to bridge in South Florida as an avid snook fisherman.

Fishing from his 26' SeaVee, Tucker Out, Tom won the Saltwater Shootout back in 2000 and had many other top 10 finishes in the PBSC trail and other South Florida tournaments. He was also the first angler to catch a recreational swordfish over 500 pounds in the waters off South Florida. Despite all his fishing accolades, Tom was undoubtedly one of the most humble fisheman around. He was and still is respected by his fishing peers as a leader in his sport.

Tom has left an impeccable fishing legacy behind. He will also be remembered for many of his achievements off the water. He was the Vice President of Steel Fabricators, a large structural steel manufacturer in the construction industry. He was also a wonderful father to two children, Olivia and Thomas, a devoted husband to his wife Lisa, and a man of very deep faith. He will long be remembered for his gentle spirit and his ability to place others before himself. He will surely be missed by all who have been blessed to share a part of their life together with him. I don't know if Heaven can get fished out, but Tom is certainly the guy to do it. Save a few for us buddy! God bless you Tom Tucker. The fishing community will forever remember the mark you left behind.

RIP

Thomas G Tucker IV - 5/12/65 - 5/20/11

Hopefully Florida Sportsman magazine will include a similar announcment in its next issue. If someone reading this has any influence at the magazine I would appreciate helping to get it in.
Thank You.