Skip to main content
Home Conservation Forums

Brevard county life guard stopped me from fishing today.

Slug-OSlug-O Posts: 3,017 Captain
Now this was interesting to say the least. At 13:30 I went down to the CB pier like I have every day to fish except the last two due to weather. I had my rod and cart and prepared to fish under the pier for snook. A young man in lifeguard uniform came down and said that there was no fishing allowed. I asked him to tell me the city, county, state regulation/code that says I'm not allowed to fish on a public beach. All he could say was "it's for the good of the people"???
Now being a person of law and not mob rule I asked him to get his supervisor. After awhile two males on a cart showed up. I explained that my plans of fishing under the pier and they asked why I don't fish on the pier. Obviously not fishermen.... I again asked for the fishing regs and they knew none but again said no fishing.
Now doesnt Florida statue 379.104 protects the rights of hunters, trappers and fishermen from being hurrased. This F.S.has been used against companies and the city of Jax FL. The same goes for those that represent city, state, and county.
There was zero people swimming on the north side of the pier and the surfers were at and beyond the end of the pier.
I took photos of the people involved working for the county and the area I wanted to fish.I also tried to locate an FWC officer but none could be found.
0E6429DA-BE15-4AD6-B746-B5A118B9FA90-142-000000072577AE92.jpg
USCG Licensed and Insured Charter Capt. PRIME TIME CHARTERS 904-591-8906 ICW and Back Waters fishing. Palmvalleycharters.com