Home West Central General Fishing & The Outdoors

John's pass seafood festival

Did anyone go today?
Was it worth the time?
How crowded was it.
TVIA
THERE SHOULD BE NO COMMERCIAL FISHING ALLOWED FOR ANY SPECIES THAT IS CONSIDERED OVERFISHED.

Replies

• CaptainBarryCaptainBarry Posts: 151 Officer
    It was crowded and a pound of stone crab claws were going for $24. Parking was $10. There really wasn't any good deals on food and no one would take cash. You had to buy non refundable tickets for $1 a piece. The food festivals they have in Ybor are a much better value.
    6858649558_117861d680_n.jpg
  • Mango ManMango Man Posts: 11,460 AG
    I was wondering too, especially about parking.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
    Abraham Lincoln
  • Mackeral SnatcherMackeral Snatcher Posts: 11,454 AG
    I saw that you could park over at gators for $5 and get shuttled over there and back and get $5 in Gator bucks, which seemed like a good deal to me.
    Jeff, get you lazy **** on a bike.:grin.........or heaven forbid, walk:hairraiser
    THERE SHOULD BE NO COMMERCIAL FISHING ALLOWED FOR ANY SPECIES THAT IS CONSIDERED OVERFISHED.
    I saw that you could park over at gators for $5 and get shuttled over there and back and get $5 in Gator bucks, which seemed like a good deal to me.
    Jeff, get you lazy **** on a bike.:grin.........or heaven forbid, walk:hairraiser
    I wonder if that's per person or by the carload? :grin

Doable by bike...just a tad to far for walking...I'm saving my strenght for cutting the grass tomorrow. :grin

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
    Abraham Lincoln
  • Mackeral SnatcherMackeral Snatcher Posts: 11,454 AG
    We are going to the Clearwater Chalk Walk and then coming down in the afternoon.
    You do know that they have people you can pay to do that grass cutting stuff.:)
    lol - I am the guy I pay to cut the grass. :grin

I went there with a friend last night. You could park at Gators for $5 and walk across the bridge, which is what I did but I didn't have to pay because it was after 6 and security said "no problem". She parked at Madeira Beach middle school and caught the shuttle.

They had a pretty good crowd but we didn't get to see much in the way of the vendors but the food sure smelled good. Tying to park their was an absolute zoo.

Abraham Lincoln
  • Capt SteveBetzCapt SteveBetz Posts: 67 Deckhand
    Went yesterday with the wife. We got a parking spot right outside of the festival. No fee,we got lucky.

We ate a Boardwalk Grill and were stuffed from the Lobster roll,Fish Tacos,Fried Pickles and Onion Rings so we did not sample any of the outside vendors food.:grin

Looked to be most of the same Art vendors as last year. We mainly go to see a few friends and get out of the house for the day.
    Capt. Steve Betz
    Tampa Flats and Bay Charters
    www.flatsandbay.com
    813-727-8843
  • Mango TangoMango Tango Posts: 2,019 Captain
    Sans the stone crabs, the Boardwalk Grill is like having a seafood festival every day. :thumbsup
  • mikehelsmikehels Posts: 2,981 Officer
    Sans the stone crabs, the Boardwalk Grill is like having a seafood festival every day. :thumbsup

Is that the Pirate Pub?? We are there too on Sunday. They have the best fries..
  • Mango TangoMango Tango Posts: 2,019 Captain
    I've seen a few pirates in there. :cool: