Junior slam -little srq bay

Hey guys- didn't have school today! So I decided to take my 12 year old brother on the boat and get him some fish. We headed out at 9 and got back around 11 so it was a quick but successful trip. We headed to some mangroves over by turtles because the winds were pushing 20-30 mph. We were using 3500 Saharas with a Cajun popper and 20lb Fluro with a 1# circle hook with shrimp. We set up on a little point and casted, (boom! My little brother got a nice sheepshead which we didn't get a picture of ) then a few casts later BOOM SPLASH his first snook!! We ended up getting a few more snook and I finally got a redfish in little Sarasota bay, it was a great short trip.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351266349.163502.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1351266361.646598.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1351266375.054840.jpg
Sarasota,Fl 
Fishing, Photography, Life

Replies

• perlman1234perlman1234 Posts: 1,449 Officer
    What's going on with the way you are holding those snook. Great report man just wondering if maybe you should hold them a little different.
  • Angler SystemsAngler Systems Posts: 919 Officer
    It counts............
  • fishingkid315fishingkid315 Posts: 1,953 Captain
    Ahah Yea Man, Usually I Just Lip Them And Hold them Horizontally. Isnt Liping them hurt there mouths or something????? Not sure. I look like a yankee using a grip ahah.
    What's going on with the way you are holding those snook. Great report man just wondering if maybe you should hold them a little different.
    Sarasota,Fl 
    Fishing, Photography, Life
  • perlman1234perlman1234 Posts: 1,449 Officer
    No need to use the grip on the smaller fish... really no need on bigger either but to each his own. But it seems to do more harm than good on the smaller fish. Larger fish you just need to hold the stomach and make sure not to hold the fish vertically. Best thing about snook is no teeth just beware of the gill plate. In the pics that is pretty much vertical not horizontal. Holding them like the redfish is much better. in fact if you hold the snook like that red and the red like those snook it would be perfect.
  • BinderBinder Posts: 3,877 Captain
    Look at the bright side, your young(so you have a excuse) and in a couple years you will be telling people how to hold a snook properly. Good report
  • snookcatcher1snookcatcher1 Posts: 256 Deckhand
    Great Catches!!! Congrats and thanks for posting!!!
  • RMDRMD Posts: 1,796 Officer
    Hey guys, great catch and glad to see you are out enjoying mother nature instead of sitting in front of an Xbox. Only thing I'd suggest is that you guys wear life vests, especially the little guy and especially if there are no adults with you guys. I've got 3 boys of my own and you always need to think about safety!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nuclearfishnnuclearfishn Posts: 8,356 Admiral
    Good for you. be careful out there in the wind.