Home West Central General Fishing & The Outdoors

Two major storms on the last days before two of the most controversial fish closures

We were blown out at the end of red snapper season. Luckily they extended it and I was able to get out there and crush them one more time. I however do not think they are going to be as nice with the closing of gags this week coming up. I am not going out in 5-8's...... thats for **** sure. Think someone is trying to send a message that these short seasons are B.S!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• Reel-LuckyReel-Lucky Oldsmar, FLPosts: 3,237 Moderator
    Goes back to what I said to the Gulf Council "we don't need closures on grouper, the bag limits, mother nature(weather,etc.), fuel prices and the economy will put limits on fishing pressure." Here's the weather portion at work.
  • BottombouncerBottombouncer Posts: 678 Officer
    Reel-Lucky wrote: »
    Goes back to what I said to the Gulf Council "we don't need closures on grouper, the bag limits, mother nature(weather,etc.), fuel prices and the economy will put limits on fishing pressure." Here's the weather portion at work.

That's what I've been thinking. If gas were $1.50 maybe it could be justified. Now people have car pool to 100 feet of water.
  • skyway andeskyway ande Posts: 3,813 Captain
    Reel-Lucky wrote: »

AMEN!
    God, save the South!