Skip to main content
Home Boating

Compression Latches & Gas Pistons

rbtbryanrbtbryan Posts: 99 Deckhand
edited June 3 in Boating #1
Firstly, I would like to thank Frank and Vivian for hosting an excellent cocktail party and dinner evening during the Hawks Cay Egret get together.

Good friends, food and hospitality in a wonderful setting. Thanks to you both!

Secondly, a number of Egret owners had expressed an interest in the hatch locking system and gas pistons I installed on my boat. Since a number of you have asked for the part numbers, here we go…

By the way, a debt of gratitude to Glenn, who helped me identify the methodology of the installation.

Here are the parts involved, and some images of the installation. Not cheap, but an outstanding upgrade!

M5-55-100-8 Square T Handle Locking Cam Latch – Large – 316 SS

E3-15-22 Vise Action Compression Latch – Large – SS

GSSX-5150-40 Gas Piston – SS

BRX-1020 Bracket for Gas Piston – SS

BRX-1060 Bracket – Gas Spring Mounting Hardware – SS

All these parts are from Southco, and ordered through your local Southco distributor.

Very clean, and very easy installation. Rod locker compression latches fit into existing slots with a minor alteration of small t cutouts with a dremel tool or file.

Replies

• rbtbryanrbtbryan Posts: 99 Deckhand
    Here are the part numbers and some images of the installation that some were looking for. Sorry it has taken so long to respond, but I was having difficulty with login. Pistons and brackets are the same for the cockpit seat configuration, just a higher mount on the hatch.
  • mtd885mtd885 Posts: 1,159 Officer
    Thanks Bryan are you fishing the spinner sharks?
  • rbtbryanrbtbryan Posts: 99 Deckhand
    mtd885 wrote: »
    Thanks Bryan are you fishing the spinner sharks?

No spinner sharks Mike. Have had the boat off the water to install twin Group 31 trolling motor batteries and DC Stealth Charger.
    650 CCA, 205 RC, 105AH
    With any luck no more trolling motor power issues. Only a few more pounds than the group 27's. Gives me lots of reserve & amp hrs.