Mini-Season Vis

Man with all this wind visability on the reef may be limited.

Any vis reports?

Replies

• PatchReef1650PatchReef1650 Posts: 19 Greenhorn
    It was pretty cloudy on sunday when we went scouting.
  • LobstababeLobstababe Posts: 280 Deckhand
    Vis isn't going to be the best. It's going to be blowing 12 - 15 knots tomorrow and high tide is early AM as well. Good luck & be safe everyone!
  • Dolphin 22Dolphin 22 Posts: 115 Officer
    Thanks. You guys do the same.
  • SaltydawgSaltydawg Posts: 1,286 Officer
    It is going to be a mess out there with all the inexperienced divers.
  • NBB troutNBB trout Posts: 57 Greenhorn
    I went this afternoon and the VIS sucked still got 10 tails...
  • ShottShott Posts: 203 Officer
    Was out first light Wednesday off of Delray. Water was OK but bugs were few. Only 7. Last year we limited on first dive. Seas got progressivly worse as the morning went on. Not a ton of boats out.
  • AntiqueFarmEquipmentAntiqueFarmEquipment Posts: 59 Deckhand
    Saltydawg wrote: »
    It is going to be a mess out there with all the inexperienced divers.

You aint lying we had a scare with a guy who was running on plane straight at us while we were diving a spot to the point where we went behind the boat and were trying to get it ASAP before he ran into us. Comes off plane about 45' from us throws out his anchor and asks how the vis isand if there's lots of lobster down there. We hop back in the water to finish up because there might of been two left his anchor is draggin because hes in such a rush to get his gear on. We are swiming around his boat now and comes back and trys to set his anchor again right over the mark. It ends up draggin a second time and it looks like hes staying away, but he has actually hopped in the water with a tank so it is just a younger guy maybe 19 on the boat with the anchor draggin and hes under water with a tank on. We can't locate the mark again due to poor vis and all of a sudden he pops up 50' from us his boat is now a quarter mile away and he keeps yelling to his boat.

Turns out he was out of air in a matter of 12 minutes. He was actually yelling for help, but we couldn't hear him because we were upwind and it was blowing 18 knots for one and two the motors were running. We finally heard him as we kind of passed by. No diver distress signal or anything because he was trying to hold onto his lobster bag and net with two shorts in it which I immediately threw back. No snorkel by the way or BC. Found out he was out of air when we were trying to back up to him and I told him to put his reg back in his mouth before he drowned. Grab him and get him in the boat has another short in his bag. I measure and throw it out. His excuse was he didn't have a measuring gauge on him. HE was blaming the whole thing on his "new" dive partner on the boat.

We kept his two keeper lobster and stuck him back on his boat and headed back out. Karma at its best!

Ended up with our limit of 18 by 1:30. Left another hand full down there.

Hope y'all are wackin em today as I sit behind m desk!

Vis wasn't to bad...Stll managed to hit our 18 by 1:30
  • SaltydawgSaltydawg Posts: 1,286 Officer
    You aint lying we had a scare with a guy who was running on plane straight at us while we were diving a spot to the point where we went behind the boat and were trying to get it ASAP before he ran into us. Comes off plane about 45' from us throws out his anchor and asks how the vis isand if there's lots of lobster down there. We hop back in the water to finish up because there might of been two left his anchor is draggin because hes in such a rush to get his gear on. We are swiming around his boat now and comes back and trys to set his anchor again right over the mark. It ends up draggin a second time and it looks like hes staying away, but he has actually hopped in the water with a tank so it is just a younger guy maybe 19 on the boat with the anchor draggin and hes under water with a tank on. We can't locate the mark again due to poor vis and all of a sudden he pops up 50' from us his boat is now a quarter mile away and he keeps yelling to his boat.

Turns out he was out of air in a matter of 12 minutes. He was actually yelling for help, but we couldn't hear him because we were upwind and it was blowing 18 knots for one and two the motors were running. We finally heard him as we kind of passed by. No diver distress signal or anything because he was trying to hold onto his lobster bag and net with two shorts in it which I immediately threw back. No snorkel by the way or BC. Found out he was out of air when we were trying to back up to him and I told him to put his reg back in his mouth before he drowned. Grab him and get him in the boat has another short in his bag. I measure and throw it out. His excuse was he didn't have a measuring gauge on him. HE was blaming the whole thing on his "new" dive partner on the boat.

We kept his two keeper lobster and stuck him back on his boat and headed back out. Karma at its best!

Ended up with our limit of 18 by 1:30. Left another hand full down there.

Hope y'all are wackin em today as I sit behind m desk!

Vis wasn't to bad...Stll managed to hit our 18 by 1:30

Thus is why I rarely ever do mini season any more. Tired of these idiots going after lobster like they're hunting for lost treasure and not knowing what they are doing.

I'll go out in a week or so and limit out without the crazies out there.