Black point park .... Spectators????

Wife and I wen out of black point to do some sand bar sitting. Came in about 6ish and there was a crowd of spectators sitting on both sides of the bank. Not fisherman but spectators , lawn chairs and cooler with beer.. I'd say close to 100 people ...Just watching the ramp traffic

What were they doing. Was there a fishing tournament? Was a presidential candidate fishing ? :huh

Ors

Replies

• MoganSlayaMoganSlaya Posts: 131 Officer
    Oldredsled wrote: »
    Wife and I wen out of black point to do some sand bar sitting. Came in about 6ish and there was a crowd of spectators sitting on both sides of the bank. Not fisherman but spectators , lawn chairs and cooler with beer.. I'd say close to 100 people ...Just watching the ramp traffic

What were they doing. Was there a fishing tournament? Was a presidential candidate fishing ? :huh

Ors

:crowd They're just enjoying the show!!! There's fights, drunken slip and falls, boats running smack into the dock, trucks sliding in the water, nakedness, etc.....They have a front row seat for all of it, and as you stated above.......ICE COLD BEER!!! Of course they're also there to give all the ramp idiots the emotional support and guidance they soooo desperately need:grin

Assembly Solutions LLC
    "solving ALL your assembly needs"
    Put down the instructions....and call for a qoute!
    305-815-3886
  • HialeahAnglerHialeahAngler Posts: 9,612 Admiral
    exactly. you know, one day I came in from a Pachanga party at the sandbar. I was so drunk that I could barely stand. I had my sober buddy driving the boat and car. I sat at the sidewalk and started to fall forward. my buddy jumped back and caught me before my face could hit the floor. I almost became the main attraction that day.

besides that it's the bikini hoochies, and cars slipping down the ramps that they want to see; oh and the fights. drunk fights are funny.
    friedpeacocks.jpg
  • Spotsgonefishn'Spotsgonefishn' Posts: 225 Officer
    I was out fishing w/ my oldest 3 today or I would have been there. It's a good way to kill a Sunday afternoon and enjoy a few beers. Alot of those peeps are there every week and you start to get to know them. Check it out on Regatta weekend, standing room only on the hill with overflow hanging in the lot. Good times I say.
    "From man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world." -St Arnold of Metz
  • The Cat's EyeThe Cat's Eye Posts: 1,271 Officer
    Also don't forget that Black Pt. is about the only public ramp where you can park for free and enter for free. Those spectators do not spend a dime there.
    Giimoozaabi
  • LobstababeLobstababe Posts: 280 Deckhand
    Cheap entertainment called Ramp Follies!
  • action88action88 Posts: 197 Officer
    those are the last "gringo's" left in the ridge,( oh im sorry, Cutler Bay GMAFB) its a way for the old ridge rats to get together and drink beer and laugh, lots of them now come in golf carts,(which is funny in itself),most of those same guys and gals you will see during the week at black point putting in their boats and stuff, but just like my dad back in the day, he refused to go to BP on the summer weekends.

They really should make a reality show from there , I think it would be a hit, Oh yeah, I dont miss that place !!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Capt Brian Gwilliam

www.fishingislamoradaflorida.com