10-8 No sunshine slam

Took Mike out on the skiff today hoping to get on some afternoon reds during the low tide. Well the sun wasn't cooperating so no sight fishing. We picked up a few reds right off the bat, then we made a big move. At the next spot it was kinda slow, spotted a huge black drum just roaming around the flats but he wasn't eating. Caught a few trout and snook along with a little red and made another move across the bay. Started fishing again and tide was getting real low. Seen loads of snook and reds busting in inches of water but couldn't reach them with the boat. So I get out and try wading to em. At this time we were watching a storm that wasn't looking promising. :hairraiser So we ran away and hung out at local dock. The storm finally passed and we moved on. Caught a few more fish but the weather was sketchy the rest of the time. Called it a day around 5.
DSCN0806.jpg
DSCN0812.jpg
DSCN0813.jpg
DSCN0807.jpg
DSCN0811.jpg
DSCN0814.jpg
DSCN0816.jpg
DSCN0808.jpg
FISH ON!! :fishing

Replies

• srqmynattsrqmynatt Posts: 257 Officer
    Sweet!, Cool little boat, tell us a little about it!
    63170_4203595405528_791122999_n.jpg
  • LilcthefishslayerLilcthefishslayer Posts: 611 Officer
    Just a little 12ft Carolina skiff lil jon. I made a few changes and now it reads " Con Skiff " as my name is Conrad. Perfect for most the fishing I do. I have had it out at St.pete beach reef but not anymore. Just not worth it 5 miles offshore in a boat that size. It's seen plenty of fish that's 4 sure! :)
  • skyway andeskyway ande Posts: 3,334 Captain
    Sweet!... I like the Con Skiff
    God, save the South!
  • RennieRaeRennieRae Posts: 718 Officer
    Nice! Love the bamboo push pole and little skiff... Good work!
    Bob 

17 ft. Ankona Native with 40 hp Suzuki 4 stroke - Skini Rennie
  • Mango ManMango Man Posts: 11,058 AG
    Sounds like a great day Conrad! :fishing

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
    Abraham Lincoln
  • secretspotsecretspot Posts: 377 Officer
    looks like you might have been by cypress? me and chris saw a huge drum up on the flats there a week or so ago. nice job!!
    Jon Brooks Wade Fishing Guide Service/Consult Trips
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/wadefishermancom/196439137047692?__req=5
    Yea we stopped there for a few casts. And that was were we seen the drum. Also forgot to mention seen a flounder jump clean out the water. Crazy!!
  • Kapt.HookKapt.Hook Posts: 431 Deckhand
    nice catch. I like the bamboo push pole!!
    IMG_1519.jpg
  • jorsworsjorswors Posts: 54 Deckhand
    That's a great spot,I used to work in that building on the top floor and I would see schools of reds occasionally. Caught some monster snook at that dock too
  • Very nice Conrad.

A jumping flounder:huh that's a new one on me.
    THERE SHOULD BE NO COMMERCIAL FISHING ALLOWED FOR ANY SPECIES THAT IS CONSIDERED OVERFISHED.
  • jewfish7jewfish7 Posts: 517 Officer
    Nice report,congrats on front page!
  • KnotTommyKnotTommy Posts: 49 Deckhand
    Nice work C! Haven't seen you since we ran into each other at the CC ramp. Hope all is well! Congrats on front page!
    Thanks guys! Yeah we need to get offshore soon!