09/30/12 - Sarasota Offshore in 100 feet.

It was yet another solid day offshore. After not being offshore since ARS season closed I figured it was about time to take a boat ride. Left the dock at 6:15 AM and we were fishing 30 miles off in 100’ before 8:00 AM. Weather condition for the ride out were amazing as was the bite for the first 1 ½ hours. Should have head in at that point but figured we’d work it some more even though the bite slowed. In the first 1 ½ hours we have 12 keeper Red Grouper to 27” and maybe a dozen nice Lane Snapper. When the moon set so did the bite! We did manage to get one more keeper Grouper, 15 more Lane and a couple more other Snaps. Could have kept our limit on Lane but just did not need them. The biggest Grouper as always came on the Tsunami Jig, this time in the Green Glow color tipped with Squid. The jig boated 5 of the 13 keeper Grouper including a 25” and 27” fish. Most of the Snapper were caught on 3/0 circle hooks, 20 to 30lb fluorocarbon leader with cut bait. We were back at the dock by 3:00 and done cleaning fish and the boat just after 5:00. Good times & good eats....
a.jpg 81.4K
b.jpg 98.1K
c.jpg 97.6K

Replies

• nuclearfishnnuclearfishn Posts: 8,356 Admiral
    Nice. that second photo is making me hungry!
  • RMDRMD Posts: 1,796 Officer
    Nice report Jeff. What's the recipe with the Lane Snapper.. looks interesting
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Angler SystemsAngler Systems Posts: 919 Officer
    Very simple recipe.

Put tin layer of olive oil on a pan.
    Place fish on top.
    Lightly cover fish with oil.
    Season with onion salt, garlic powder and Magic Salt Free Season.
    Cover with Reynolds Wrap.
    Place in pre-heated oven at 400 degree.
    Cook for 25 minutes.
    Uncover and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
    Done!!

We do the same with Red Snapper but cook time increases with larger fish.
  • E.R. A/CE.R. A/C Posts: 110 Deckhand
    Nice catch and report. You just made me hungry.
  • Reel AggressiveReel Aggressive Posts: 261 Officer
    Awesome catch!