fishing on my birthday 9-28-12

well my wife said since its my birthday i can go fishing friday. checked the weather winds out of the east not to strong, i decided that i would try nearshore in my 14' square back canoe with a 6 hp evinrude. get to Big hickory launch, get out to the pass the water looked smooth. i went out about 2 miles chasing the birds. caught too many bonita to count. hooked a nice king that got chomped on by a shark. the rest that i got up was about 15 inches and was mostly just the head. kept two macs for dinner. tried to find the may reef but my handheld gps wouldn't turn on. i think i was close but just couldn't find any piles out there. came back in fished near the opening of the pass caught a couple more macs. on the way in stopped at my favorite dock to mess with the snook hooked 4 slot sized snook and landed three of them. also caught two nice mangrove snappers fishing for the snooks. forgot to take pics had too much fun catching

Replies

• BinderBinder Posts: 3,857 Captain
    When on schools of Mack's and bonito it's hard to find time to take pics. Nice report
  • larrywittlarrywitt Posts: 2,607 Moderator
    thanks for the interesting report..sounds like it was a great time on the water..i will let my imagination give me the image of you fighting and all those fish..
    larrywitt