Home Evinrude

Repowering

Mako_OneMako_One Posts: 216 Officer
Evinrude has an offer out where it includes the rigging kit. Does anyone know what exactly is included in the rigging kit? someone told me it included the oil container, wire harness, control cables and the control boc- shifter throttle. does it inlcude a prop??

Replies

• BillgranBillgran Posts: 349 Deckhand
    That free rigging kit offer expired back last April 15. Sorry you missed out on it as it included everything including stainless steel prop, and your choice of digital or analog gauges. If you purchased a digital shift and throttle compliant engine, you would even then the multi-thousand dollar "fly-by-wire" controls at no charge.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat"
    --- Travis McGee

• Mako_OneMako_One Posts: 216 Officer
    Well I just confirmed with the dealer and the offer is good from Oct 1st through Dec 1st. I'm going to bite tehe bullet and repower. I am so excited. I'll be dropping off the boat this friday and he should have it done in a week to ten days. Does anyone here by any chance run a 97 Mako 17 with an Etec 115? I was looking at going with a Rogue 4 blade prop, but I'm not sure on what size I would need.
  • BillgranBillgran Posts: 349 Deckhand
    The rigging promotion was just recently added to the 5 yr warranty or 3.9% financing promotion and I did not have the official info at that time.

From Oct. 1 to Dec. 1 you can get a choice of 3.9% financing for the engine or an addtional 2 years of factory warranty for a total of 5 years of coverage.

A free rigging kit promotion is for 2012 and earlier new motors depending on engine model and year. Here is an excerpt of the parts included. See your dealer for full details.

FREE Rigging Packages or Select Individual Rigging Components:

Consumers who repower with a qualified engine from an authorized full-line dealer have the benefit of receiving their choice from one of three rigging packages (SystemCheck Package, ICON PRO Package, or ICON EST Package) for FREE. Retail values range from $1,561 to $6,841.

Rigging packages include a remote control, a wiring harness, an ignition switch, an oil tank, a stainless steel propeller and an option of select gauges. Eligible models vary between rigging packages.

Note the conditions below to understand which

horsepower, model years, and installation type are eligible for each rigging kit

SystemCheck Package 75 – 300 HP Single & Dual 2012 & Earlier

ICON Pro Package 75 – 300 HP Single & Dual 2008 – 2012

ICON EST Package 150 – 300 HP Single, Dual & Triple 2008 – 2012

SystemCheck Rigging Package: Available for 2012 and earlier 75HP – 300HP Evinrude E-TEC engines; single

or dual Installation only. Rigging components include a choice of a remote control, a choice of engine wire

harness and ignition switch, a choice of oil tank, a choice of a stainless steel propeller and a choice of a

SystemCheck tachometer. MY2010 & 2012 engines with factory installed ICON actuators (engines designated

with DE in model description, i.e. DE250PX) are excluded.

ICON Pro Rigging Package: Available for 2008 – 2012 75HP – 300HP Evinrude E-TEC engines; single or dual Installation only. Rigging components include a choice of a remote control, a choice of engine wire harness and ignition switch, a choice of oil tank, a choice of a stainless steel propeller and a choice in style of an ICON Pro series 3.5in tachometer and speedometer with GPS antenna. 2010 & 2012 engines with factory installed ICON actuators (engines designated with DE in model description, i.e. DE250PX) are excluded.

ICON EST Rigging Package: Available for 2008 – 2012, 150 – 300 HP Evinrude E-TEC engines; single, dual, and triple Installation. Rigging components include a choice of an ICON rigging kit, a choice of oil tank, a choice of a stainless steel propeller and a choice in style of an ICON Pro series 3.5in tachometer and speedometer with GPS antenna.

NOTE: On compatible outboards without factory equipped ICON digital shift and throttle actuators will have to have actuator kits installed at the customers expense.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat"
    --- Travis McGee