Skip to main content
Home Northeast General Fishing & The Outdoors

Okay, I can't watch anymore Jags v Bengals

tagtag Senior MemberNear the saltPosts: 9,720 Admiral
Another bengal TD over the head of Rasheen i-don't-tackle Mathis. 24-10 and the Bengals just intercepted Blaine I'm-at-best-a-50%-passer Gabbert.

I've had enough.

Replies

• Let's Go AmigoLet's Go Amigo Senior Member Posts: 2,419 Captain
    Khan...Time to get a new quaterback..Please end the Jag fan suffering. I can't take it anymore
  • Afishy1Afishy1 Senior Member Somewhere in TimePosts: 676 Officer
    On a bright note, Scobee still perfect on Field goal attempts (7 for 7), and Jackson DeVille showing some Mad Skills! :banana
  • JoelWJoelW Senior Member Posts: 224 Officer
    This team is horrible, but there are so many more glaring problems other than the QB. Both lines are horrible and our secondary is old and slow. Sure, BG hasn't played lights out, but I don't think he's our # 1 problem.

I say we lose the rest of the season to get the #1 pick.

Barkley or Geno Smith?
  • Let's Go AmigoLet's Go Amigo Senior Member Posts: 2,419 Captain
    Gene Smith needs to go. Better lines and db s. Quaterback needs to be changed. We can't wait another 2 or 3 years to see if he's going to develope. and whoever
    is calling the plays needs to hit the road.
  • ChuckDChuckD Senior Member Posts: 1,474 Officer
    Pathetic. It's time for Gene to go, and I'm sure it's on the hot seat pretty bad right now. Sure would be nice to have Russell Wilson over the punter.

Blaine not improving, nothing downfield. Line in his face almost every passing play. Meester getting owned, time to upgrade.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SwizzleSwizzle Senior Member Posts: 534 Officer
    Yay, Andy Dalton and my Bengals beat that ***!

I wake up and **** excellence
  • TugCaptTugCapt Senior Member Posts: 195 Deckhand
    I guess i shouldnt have named my boat ALL IN! Because they dont look ALL IN to me! =/
  • SwizzleSwizzle Senior Member Posts: 534 Officer
    MJJ 38 yards rushing.

I wake up and **** excellence
  • Sea SnakeSea Snake Senior Member Posts: 5,536 Admiral
    That team before yesterday was next to last in run defense...and they were without 3 or 4 defensive backs...and still !!!! :banghead

Gene Smith should fire himself....

just sayin....
    I hope this team starts clicking soon and executing something! Its becoming so hard to go to games.
  • JoelWJoelW Senior Member Posts: 224 Officer
    If they start clicking they can't get the #1 pick!
  • MenziesMenzies Senior Member Jacksonville - Where Florida Begins!Posts: 19,289 AG
    JoelW wrote: »
    If they start clicking they can't get the #1 pick!

And they definately need the #1 pick because Scobee is getting old. :)
    Maybe if we tell people that the brain is an App, they will start using it.
  • madashellmadashell Senior Member WaterPosts: 816 Officer
    rebuilding...:rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao
    I will hit the lottery...I will hit the lottery :crossed
  • catfishincatfishin Senior Member Posts: 976 Officer
    Who are these Jaguars you speak of ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chucks21capehorn+chucks21capehorn+ Senior Member Jacksonville, FLPosts: 518 Officer
    My 2 cents worth If the Qtr Back is having a bad day put the others in and see if they want the job... Gabbert was really off. Don't wait until your so far behind you can't when and I actually like our 2nd and third string Qtr backs...
    Once you pull gabbert for performance you cant go back. Theyll have admitted that hes a bust at that point. Thatll be the last thing that happens.
    TugCapt wrote: »
    Once you pull gabbert for performance you cant go back. Theyll have admitted that hes a bust at that point. Thatll be the last thing that happens.

Kinda, but this coaching staff will soon, if not now, be in the position to have leverage to show ownership what they think about Gabbert. Gene is likely on his way out, and if that is the case at the end of this season, this only gives the coaching staff more leverage to make that move. That said, Henne is an aweful quarterback and in no way do I wish him to be our starter. I think the potential with Gabbert is much higher, but go ahead and throw Gene under the bus for not drafting some more lineman. We're playing with a 13-14 year veteran center with really no one to back him up and the depth is aweful. Our 2nd round RT pick was replaced at halftime at LG by an undrafted Free Agent. That's not a good sign, especially since he's only played 11 games the last two seasons.

I think Gabbert CAN be good enough to win, but he needs time. The O-line play was atrotious against Cincy, running and passing. Until that is ironed out, don't expect a ton of time for downfield plays to develop. He's just trying to dump it off before an unblocked lineman is in his face. That's all Henne will be able to do and that's all Garrard was able to do several of his years.

We didn't make any attempt to sign a free agent lineman that I know of, and there were a couple out there. And we take Banger in the 3rd round. Sure would be nice to have another Will Rackley sitting there now huh?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dlagatordlagator Senior Member Jacksonville, FLPosts: 790 Officer
    How much time do you give Gabbert? This league is all about results NOW....Too many young guys coming into the league and playing well to sit here and say that Gabbert needs more time. I know I thought that Gabbert had made some strides in the offseason but right now he looks just as bad as he did last year...I understand that the line is bad but he doesn't even show any signs of being very good to me. Gene absoultely has to go. This entire roster, outside of MOJO, looks bush league to me.
    dlagator wrote: »
    How much time do you give Gabbert? This league is all about results NOW....Too many young guys coming into the league and playing well to sit here and say that Gabbert needs more time. I know I thought that Gabbert had made some strides in the offseason but right now he looks just as bad as he did last year...I understand that the line is bad but he doesn't even show any signs of being very good to me. Gene absoultely has to go. This entire roster, outside of MOJO, looks bush league to me.

I think that depends on when you break down game tape, if the offensive line is doing a good enough job to where you think Gabbert should be able to make some plays. I mean, I can tell from watching that he doesn't have time. When he had time early this season, before Rackley, Britton, and Bradfield went out, had made plays. He went 89 yards against the Giants starting defense for a score, with ease and without Drew. They're going to give him enough time if they think that line isn't providing enough protection. Gabbert isn't playing great, so no excuses there, but he's pretty much forced into check-downs and quick slants because the protection is THAT bad.

Personally, I think he's okay if he has time. Most QBs at this level are okay if you give them time....our defense proves that week in and week out this season. We have two sacks in four games, and both came in the first game against Minnesota. We are getting zero pressure on the QB. But when we do, look what almost happens. Rasheen almost gets a pick six and if Bosworth doesn't drop a wide open pick six, that game starts off a whole lot differently. I don't even blame Rasheen too much for those catches by Green. Green is a stud, 10 years younger than Mathis, and Mathis wasn't burned either time, he just didn't get a hand up once and thought he had safety help on the second, who was way late.

My opinion is, when you look at our team playing, only a couple guys stand out. Drew obviously, Eugene Monroe is flat out owning people this season, playing very well. Other than that, Cox is playing well when he's in there.....that's about it. Marcedes is playing well, but all they've asked him to do is block. He didn't run but a couple routes against Houston and Indy. Robinson is going to be out this week with a concussion, which is fine with me. Let Elliot start and see how he does...he's been making plays when given the chance, he and Shorts.

It's going to be a long season unless the line starts playing better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]