Miamimuttonman Report 9/29/12 Daytime Cubera/accident

2»

Replies

• AmericanAmerican Posts: 130 Officer
    DirtySouth wrote: »
    Looks painful, get well soon.

Come on guys. Im sure Benny pays taxes and buys health insurance.

Its not like he had to call in a favor to a doctor to be treated and the doctor passed the cost along to us. That would just be silly!!
  • WahoodlumWahoodlum Posts: 71 Deckhand
    Nice Haul Benny!
    I smell a ****** Bag in here somewhere. Hey,Wet Feet. 90 miles was a long swim wasn't it ?
  • miami muttonmiami mutton Posts: 1,100 Officer
    An old injury, maybe a shark got a bite on her or another bigger cubera.I just got my new boots and going to start fishing again Friday, weather permittingPhoto1592.jpg
    that looks like it hurt. Do you have any idea why the cubera is all scarred up?
  • mukymanfrankmukymanfrank Posts: 12 Greenhorn
    American you and "wetfeet" have nothing better to do than dump on an angler who spends his time enjoying what he does (promoting fishing). One day Karma is going to catch up with you cowards and pay you back tenfold. If yo guys only fished as good as the S ______ you guys blog. Anyways enjoy the dark little cubby hole you guys hide in! Tight lines
  • MiamigroupermanMiamigrouperman Posts: 7 Greenhorn
    American you and "wetfeet" have nothing better to do than dump on an angler who spends his time enjoying what he does (promoting fishing). One day Karma is going to catch up with you cowards and pay you back tenfold. If yo guys only fished as good as the S ______ you guys blog. Anyways enjoy the dark little cubby hole you guys hide in! Tight lines

Hey muttonman nice boots!
    Do they make those in mens sizes too?
    (before Bennys body guards start crying,it's a joke relax)

Let me get this straight,karma is going to come down on the hecklers ?

Ok then, what about the fact that Benny sells his spots/info that was passed down to him in confidence?No Karma in that,right?
    Because hey,he's just trying to make a living!

I know Bennys a good fisherman,and a good guy.

What bothers me is that someone once passed down those spots in confidence and now for a price you can buy these spots without putting in one ounce of effort...

And I choose not to post my reports or info...
    Go head boys!let me have it!
  • HialeahAnglerHialeahAngler Posts: 9,612 Admiral
    you're a horrible person.
    friedpeacocks.jpg
  • bitshortbitshort Posts: 243 Deckhand
    I hope you dont have wide feet Benny those boots are real narrow had a pair and had to return them, good luck glad to hear your back on the wagon.
  • MiamigroupermanMiamigrouperman Posts: 7 Greenhorn
    you're a horrible person.
    Thanks.
    Benny just sent this to me,thought I'd share.
    "No one passed down any spots in confidence the guy who gave me the spots is seeing all these post and wont even bother to make a comment.he actually gives me customers.Its easy to post lies hiding behind a forum name. unlike me i put my face and my signature behind every post and don't post lies."

What am I lying about Benny?
    You just said yourself they were handed down.
    Oh, I guess the guy who gave you numbers said go ahead and **** them out ,right?
    You know a lot of commercial fisherman are out there very long hours at times in very rough weather
    Then a guy like Benny sells them all out,essentially showing everybody the spots without actually putting in one ounce of effort.
    Correct me if I'm wrong.
  • miami muttonmiami mutton Posts: 1,100 Officer
    You sound like my cousin.I guess you don't see the commercial boats out there when you fish where are the secret spots you can go to those commercial numbers where the fish only react to hundreds of pounds of chum and you wont do any good, if you don't know how, and that changes every time depending on many things.I don't sell the spots, I sell the technique and the experience I have of being out there in different conditions to know what to do to catch fish when it gets real hard for most people, the spots i go are found by me mostly and some commercial yellowtail spots i've gone to, the commercial boats have drained, by catch thousands of pounds year after year now you wont catch many yellowtails there.the spots are no secret, your identity that has to hide, behind a forum name to post lies is.Here is a friends catch on saturday for all to enjoy, at the wb.imagejpeg_0-2.jpg
  • chiliandochiliando Posts: 609 Officer
    The most important thing that I learned from Benny is how to read a bottom machine and find my own spots. I have been fishing almost exclusively out of Key Largo in spots that we found on our own. My favorite spot is one I have only fished with a friend and some family. Caught keeper groupoers there the last few trips and I found it on my own.

You also have to know that having GPS numbers mean nothing if you can't anchor properly. If you don't have the right anchor, know how much line to pay out as well how to play the wind and the current, you can have all the numbers you want but you could be hundres of feet off the spot.

Then there is having the right tackle and bait as well knowing how to present that bait.

These are the important things that Benny teaches. It's all in the details.

Consultant- get it?

Benny_ glad you are feeling better! Catch-um up!

Thanks.
    Benny just sent this to me,thought I'd share.
    "No one passed down any spots in confidence the guy who gave me the spots is seeing all these post and wont even bother to make a comment.he actually gives me customers.Its easy to post lies hiding behind a forum name. unlike me i put my face and my signature behind every post and don't post lies."

What am I lying about Benny?
    You just said yourself they were handed down.
    Oh, I guess the guy who gave you numbers said go ahead and **** them out ,right?
    You know a lot of commercial fisherman are out there very long hours at times in very rough weather
    Then a guy like Benny sells them all out,essentially showing everybody the spots without actually putting in one ounce of effort.
    Correct me if I'm wrong.
  • mukymanfrankmukymanfrank Posts: 12 Greenhorn
    Grouper Man, I dont think my friend Benny has body guards or needs any for that matter. Your mistaken, those of us who defend his position are avid anglers as anyone else on this blog and appreciate his posts. I just want to know who or what authority has given you the right to control the sharing of fishing spots and techniques. I go out and fish often times while the commercial fishermen are there earning their living. Theres no freaking secret to where they fish. Your ignorant comments about selling spots are absurd. Because all anyone would have to do is follow any commercial guy out there and just mark the spot when they are finished and then the angler would have the same spots. I agree with Benny that fishing is more than just spots or locations but a combination of all things weather, current, bait, chum, technique and location. So let me break the news to you dude its a FREE OCEAN out there lets just all follow the laws so future generation can enjoy angling as much as some of us do on this blog. By the way I have fished with Benny several times and we both realized and shared same spots from different sources. So be nice "Cherna" and give my regards to your buddies Wet feet and Low boy. By the way you ever want to contact me let me know and i'll gladly meet with you in person and we can get some "coffee". Tight Lines!
    For the record my real name is HialeahAngler and I do sell churros.
    friedpeacocks.jpg
  • farincofarinco Posts: 223 Officer
    Hey muttonman nice boots!
    Do they make those in mens sizes too?
    (before Bennys body guards start crying,it's a joke relax)

Let me get this straight,karma is going to come down on the hecklers ?

Ok then, what about the fact that Benny sells his spots/info that was passed down to him in confidence?No Karma in that,right?
    Because hey,he's just trying to make a living!

I know Bennys a good fisherman,and a good guy.

What bothers me is that someone once passed down those spots in confidence and now for a price you can buy these spots without putting in one ounce of effort...

And I choose not to post my reports or info...
    Go head boys!let me have it!

Shut. Up.
    Lol.
    friedpeacocks.jpg
  • Lone DrifterLone Drifter Posts: 639 Officer
    For the record my real name is HialeahAngler and I do sell churros.

mycrofttroll.gif
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ZimmerNoleZimmerNole Posts: 9,244 Officer
    chiliando wrote: »
    The most important thing that I learned from Benny is how to read a bottom machine and find my own spots. I have been fishing almost exclusively out of Key Largo in spots that we found on our own. My favorite spot is one I have only fished with a friend and some family. Caught keeper groupoers there the last few trips and I found it on my own.

You also have to know that having GPS numbers mean nothing if you can't anchor properly. If you don't have the right anchor, know how much line to pay out as well how to play the wind and the current, you can have all the numbers you want but you could be hundres of feet off the spot.

Then there is having the right tackle and bait as well knowing how to present that bait.

These are the important things that Benny teaches. It's all in the details.

Consultant- get it?

Benny_ glad you are feeling better! Catch-um up!

Well said.
    Heroes On the Water
    South Florida Chapter Coordinator
    https://www.facebook.com/HOWSouthFloridaChapter

"Helping find peace for those who fought to defend it!" :USA
    FREEDOM CAPTURED!

FSU Alumni GO NOLES!!! >>
    >

2013 Hobie Outback
  • Spear'em!Spear'em! Posts: 177 Officer
    Thats his pet cubera. After being gaffed in the same spot over ten times and being released it still was kicking strong. The Chuck Norris of snapper and snapper fisherman could no long survive! it finally lost the battle! Even trying to kill it's master before dying! That fish made you mucho mulla so I hope you had the angler mount it!
2»