Skip to main content
Home General Hunting

SNAKES, SNAKES, SNAKES

Replies

• SWFL HunterSWFL Hunter Posts: 669 Officer
    HERE IS SOME MORE MISINFORMATION BEING YELLED AT YOU!

http://www.csmonitor.com/Science/2010/1024/Will-Florida-s-Burmese-pythons-move-north-How-far

New research shows the snakes can withstand surprisingly cold temperatures, leaving open the possibility that their range could extend hundreds of miles northward.

Burmese pythons have been crawling amok in South Florida since at least the mid-1990s. The population's forerunners were probably released by pet owners daunted by the prospect of maintaining a predator that can grow to 20 feet (6 meters) long and weigh 200 pounds (90 kilograms).

No one knows exactly how many there are now, but estimates put their numbers in the thousands or tens of thousands. The pythons have been devouring local wildlife, indulging in mega-meals like deer, bobcats and alligators, as well as endangered species like the woodstork and the Key Largo woodrat.

So far the Burmese python invasion is restricted to Florida's southern tip, but scientists have been debating whether it could spread to more temperate parts of the United States. After all, the species' native range includes the foothills of the Himalayas, so it is no stranger to cold. One alarming study by the U.S. Geological Survey in 2008 predicted the pythons could find suitable climate in about a third of the United States, as far north as Washington, D.C.

How cold can you go?

To test those predictions, researchers recently brought 10 adult male pythons from the Everglades to South Carolina, to see whether they could survive the cooler climate. After implanting a radio transmitter and a temperature logger in each snake, the researchers let them loose in June 2009 in a snake-proof outdoor enclosure.

All 10 pythons did well through the summer and fall, and even survived 12 December nights that were no warmer than 41 degrees Fahrenheit (5 degrees Celsius). Then, in January, the region was plunged into an extremely unusual cold spell. With temperatures dipping below freezing at night for long stretches, the 10 snakes died, according to a paper published in September online in the journal Biological Invasions.

Still, said study leader Michael Dorcas of Davidson College in North Carolina, "there certainly is a possibility that pythons could survive in South Carolina and possibly even farther north."
  • 1FSM1FSM Posts: 147 Deckhand
    What incentive does wildlife biologist have in eradicating pythons from the ENP/BCNP?
    In this day of constant budget cuts this python problem can be the source of potential budget increase.
    A source of fundings for many biologist for years to come.
    Even biologist like job security.
  • gottheitch22gottheitch22 fort Meade FLPosts: 4,492 Captain
    REMEMBER ANIMALS ARE RESOURCEFULL and can adapt , they can find warmer places to hide .
    living life as i like
  • huntmstrhuntmstr Posts: 6,290 Admiral
    Hoyt79 wrote: »
    That first pic doesn't look like a whitetail to me. Looks to have a black stripe on it's belly between the brown and white and it's tail is short and black...

Absolutely right. That black stripe and the short black tipped tail looks to me like a chinkara gazelle or a blackbuck doe. Both are found in the same home range as the Burmese python and share the characteristic markings of the animal in that picture.

That's not to say that there isn't a problem with these invasive species. It's just that I don't like it when anyone uses a picture as evidence without checking to make sure the photo used is valid or authentic. In this case, it's pretty clear that the deer pictured is definitely not a whitetail.
    Bushnell, Primos and Final Approach Pro Staff. Proud member of the Fab Five, Big Leaugers and Bobble Head 4.

I had you pissed off at hello.
    huntmstr wrote: »
    Absolutely right. That black stripe and the short black tipped tail looks to me like a chinkara gazelle or a blackbuck doe. Both are found in the same home range as the Burmese python and share the characteristic markings of the animal in that picture.

That's not to say that there isn't a problem with these invasive species. It's just that I don't like it when anyone uses a picture as evidence without checking to make sure the photo used is valid or authentic. In this case, it's pretty clear that the deer pictured is definitely not a whitetail.

It was never meant to depict a scene in the everglades, that snake is doing what it does in its natural habitat, unfortunately they are also doing it here. The second picture on the airboat was in fact taken in BIG CYPRESS NATIONAL PRESEVE. I clearly stated that this is happening every day in ENP and BCNP. A picture is worth a thousand words, and sometimes people need to see something to understand it. It is clearly not even in Florida, it was posted to bring attention to the problems we are having. And to all the people that are not yet dealing with this problem, I hope you never have to. But for me who hunts in the south zone, I have watched the deer I hunt decline in the passed 10 years. Not because hunters are killing them, and certainly not because of high water levels, that the FWC would like us to believe. We as hunters are being locked out of more and more land and as we are, the wildlife is suffering the consequences. The damage that is being done to the places hunters are being removed from is likely irreversible. As long as our government entities continue to side with the people that would like to remove us, the situation is only going to get worse.

If anyone reading this thread doesn't believe that this is a serious problem and that it is only going to get worse, get your head out of the sand.
    Cool. I get it. It's just that I saw the same pic floating around Facebook last month and folks were passing it off as being a "Florida pic". You do a great job holding up the mirror for all to see. Not discouraging you in any way. Just keeping the information truthful and accurate.
    Bushnell, Primos and Final Approach Pro Staff. Proud member of the Fab Five, Big Leaugers and Bobble Head 4.

• SLW210SLW210 Posts: 2,226 Captain
    It has to be true, it is posted on the internet. Just ask the dumb blonde in the State Farm commercial.

Oh yeah, ALL CAPS AND BOLD TYPE, must be a fact.

SWFL Hunter, put down the pipe.

P.S.
    The snake that was cut open, the deer was already dead when the snake ate it.
    SLW210 wrote: »
    It has to be true, it is posted on the internet. Just ask the dumb blonde in the State Farm commercial.

Oh yeah, ALL CAPS AND BOLD TYPE, must be a fact.

SWFL Hunter, put down the pipe.

P.S.
    The snake that was cut open, the deer was already dead when the snake ate it.

yeah....and the snake was dead before he ate the deer, he was a victim of the freeze
  • sknight88sknight88 Posts: 323 Deckhand
    You are so sadly misinformed and clearly on a agenda its not even funny. Singlelung cold blooded reptiles, whichthey are, never ever survive in the cold. They will NEVER populate the lower third or even all of Fl. They are not there in any shape or form in the numbers the TV shows want you to belive. I know people who hunt them, several times a month, and struggle to find a 3 foot snake. Also, lets not forget they live in other areas, that have populations of small animals right? A big snake eating a deer, would need months to digest it. dont buy into the TV driven drama.
  • sknight88sknight88 Posts: 323 Deckhand
    WOW! what a bunch of misinformation. That top picture with the deer clearly visible does look like some other type of deer. Why was this one not posted with the original pics? Had to find it somewhere on the internet? I can name a lot of things off on the pic.
    Are you an animal rights person or just a reptile phobia person? Cat will drop the deer population much, much faster then a python because that one meal will last the snake months and months. Being cold blooded means a lot less meals and much more likely to die from temps below 40. I can find tons of pictures of frozen and dying pythons on the internet to prove there weakness to temps. Any pythons found in Tampa or Space coast are not going to make it through the winters we have been having. The sick propaganda that these snakes will keep moving up the state is just a bunny huggers dream to stop pet ownership. Once we lose pet rights guess what's next HUNTING rights.

Dead on accurate right there!
    sknight88 wrote: »
    You are so sadly misinformed and clearly on a agenda its not even funny. Singlelung cold blooded reptiles, whichthey are, never ever survive in the cold. They will NEVER populate the lower third or even all of Fl. They are not there in any shape or form in the numbers the TV shows want you to belive. I know people who hunt them, several times a month, and struggle to find a 3 foot snake. Also, lets not forget they live in other areas, that have populations of small animals right? A big snake eating a deer, would need months to digest it. dont buy into the TV driven drama.

I do have an agenda, it is to ensure that my children can enjoy the same woods I enjoy. My agenda is to ensure that our government is using all of their resources to ensure that the swamps I enjoy will still be the same in 20 years, 40 years, 60 years. I have an agenda, I most certainly do, I want to have access to all of OUR PUBLIC LAND. I certainly hope you have the same agenda. As for being cold blooded reptiles, so are gators and every single one of our native snakes. I used to live in Miami and worked for a biologist for a short period in Homestead. We would get on those farm fields by the park line after they ran the disc through them and we would find more then you could imagine. They were dead and cut in pieces, they weren't big, but they were there none the less. It is not just the deer, although I am concerned about the deer, it is everything else. The birds, small mammals and native reptiles, when you start removing those other species you begin to destroy the ecosystem. I agree there is a dramatization factor for TV and special interests, but the reality is they are there, have been for over a decade, probably closer to two. And for the most part they are doing very little about it. They said Maleluca and Brazilian peppers wouldnt go north either. Everytime I drive I75 I notice they are moving further north.
    Play nice gentlemen. SWFL Hunter is entitled to his opinion as much as the rest of you. Either respect each other's opinions or I'll start enforcing some sanctions around here. That is all.

• Comanche-pupComanche-pup Posts: 245 Officer
    flydown wrote: »
    Complete with equal doses of paranoia and cyber screaming in really big font!

No kidding, let's panic, next their will be snakes on a plane! Wait..... Maybe that's how they get to alabama
    I do have an agenda, it is to ensure that my children can enjoy the same woods I enjoy. My agenda is to ensure that our government is using all of their resources to ensure that the swamps I enjoy will still be the same in 20 years, 40 years, 60 years. I have an agenda, I most certainly do, I want to have access to all of OUR PUBLIC LAND. I certainly hope you have the same agenda. As for being cold blooded reptiles, so are gators and every single one of our native snakes. I used to live in Miami and worked for a biologist for a short period in Homestead. We would get on those farm fields by the park line after they ran the disc through them and we would find more then you could imagine. They were dead and cut in pieces, they weren't big, but they were there none the less. It is not just the deer, although I am concerned about the deer, it is everything else. The birds, small mammals and native reptiles, when you start removing those other species you begin to destroy the ecosystem. I agree there is a dramatization factor for TV and special interests, but the reality is they are there, have been for over a decade, probably closer to two. And for the most part they are doing very little about it. They said Maleluca and Brazilian peppers wouldnt go north either. Everytime I drive I75 I notice they are moving further north.

I agree the snakes are a problem but come on dude, you said the snakes are where the government won't let you go, then say you want your children to enjoy the same woods you do? Personally I think talipia and the Pleco sucker fish are a lot worse not to mention hydrilla, and you mentioned not seeing hogs? You do realize hogs are also an invasive species. Coyotes are our biggest small mammal danger in north Florida. The TV shows show them chasing them around screaming he is going to get away? Why not just shoot the dang thing?
  • monkeybusinessjrmonkeybusinessjr Posts: 380 Deckhand
    Some of you guys can't go a day without fearing of some new boogeyman be it snakes, panthers, coyotes, wild hogs, bears, government men in black helicopters, werewolves, etc. How do you ever work up the courage to leave the house?
    sknight88 wrote: »

Sorry but i would say your wrong they can live in colder tempatures as long as they can find places to hide ( holes in ground ) they found a red tail boa on a hunting lease last year in northern florida . There home range does get cold . You cant put a 10 snales in and encloser and study weather they will live threw the windter or not . Thats not how it works in the wild . They search out places to hide some will die some will not . they are a problem but not as big of one as they say i agree with that COYOTE are more of a problem to our deer heard then snakes . The panther is the main reason why the guys in collier and big cypress are not seeing the deer they use to .
    living life as i like
    huntmstr wrote: »
    Play nice gentlemen. SWFL Hunter is entitled to his opinion as much as the rest of you. Either respect each other's opinions or I'll start enforcing some sanctions around here. That is all.
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.

Opinion is one thing, but FACT is FACT. In this case, the supporting photographic evidence is FICTION.

Anyone that boldly says pythons cannot possibly migrate as far North as the Carolinas, has not taken the time to look at the facts. The "studies" in which they put snakes in an enclosure do not tell the real story. The snakes are not free to find the most suitable places to over winter.

If you look at the natural range of Burmese, they live in a wide variety of environments. From near desert, to tropical rain forests to temperate regions. The species is VERY adaptable and can tolorate an assortment of climates. There are populations of Burmese in the foothills of the Himalayas.

There is also a healthy native population in the Sichuan Pendi region of China. The average Temperature in January is 42.26 F. For comparison the average January Temp of Charlotte NC is 41.7 F.

There is NOTHING to indicate they could not survive into the Carolinas at least. And there is factual data that the species is surviving and thriving in other regions with very similar climates.

As the species moves North there will be die offs during times of cold weather. But some snakes will survive. And the offspring of those survivors will have an even greater chance of survival.

The species is very hardy and adaptable.

SEE THIS and THIS
    Fiction, sir, is the green hulk you use for your avatar. If you would spend less time reading comic books, the distinction between fact and fiction might be easier for you.

An opinion would be for example, you are a pompous ignoramus.

The photograph is FACT, it is actually happening, the second picture is in FACT a picture of a snake caught in the BCNP with a deer it ate. The first picture is a picture of a big snake eating some kind of deer. Nobody ever said that picture was taken in FL. The statement I made was simply, this happens in the ENP AND BCNP. You can think whatever you like, it is still the USA, and Mitt Romney is our next president.

fact Noun: A thing that is indisputably the case.
    Some of you guys can't go a day without fearing of some new boogeyman be it snakes, panthers, coyotes, wild hogs, bears, government men in black helicopters, werewolves, etc. How do you ever work up the courage to leave the house?

I'm not in fear of any of them, I find quite enjoyment in hunting them also, if I see an envasive species of snake I shoot it and go about my business not harming any indeginius species, have no problem with panthers, would love to see one in natural habitat! I believe this guy is just phobic of snakes and probably kills everyone he sees, maybe wrong but......
  • SWFL Hunter,
    Sir I Applaud you .
    Not for the Snakes, But because You strive to open Public Lands , And Fight to keep the Lands open now , open Forever.
    Thanks from a SWFla Hunter Myself !

Now back to the Snakes....
    I don,t think the Snakes will have much of a measurable impact upon the Deer Population. But the small Animals of all kinds. even the Cottonmouth are in , or will soon be in Big Trouble.
    There,s a new Apex Prediator in their World. And He,s Freakin King Kong to them.

Go, Go ,Go, Godzilla
    Killin and Grillin :grin
    Thank You

Keep in mind it is not so much the adult deer that are being consumed. It is the fawn's that all fall on the ground at the same time, more or less. It is a virtual salad bar for the snakes, and it doesn't take much more than a 6 footer to consume a fawn. So while the number of adult deer you see may appear to be the same for a year or two. The recruitment rate for that same time is non existent, a virtual crash in numbers from one year to the next, which if you look at it is exactly what has happened the last 10 years. Furthermore, when these snakes consume the other prey, small mammals and fur bearers, they reduce the available food sources for the coyotes, bobcats, panther/cougar,gator, and native snakes. Pigs have already been eradicated from these areas.

You don't think that in 5 million acres of marsh and wetland there are 100,000 moccasins, rat snakes, or garters?? Why would you question if a snake species, built for this climate, that has been breeding undisturbed for nearly 20 years, in ultimate conditions, could do the same? One female has 60 to 70 eggs in her. If only 10 of them have survived every year and reared those young, for say the last 15 years that would be 10,500 babies, not including the offspring of the offspring, so you do the math. And that is in just the 5 million acres of ENP, not including BCNP, EVERGALDES/FRANCIS TAYLOR, PICAYUNE, PANTHER PRESERVE, SOUTHERN GLADES, SEMINOLE INDIANS, SEMINOLE/COLLIER, FAKAHATCHEE, millions of acres more, most of which is OURS and you and I, HAVE NEVER SEEN OR WILL NEVER SEE AGAIN.

I kill very few snakes, wont even run them over in the road, I swerve to avoid them. I will stop my truck on my neighborhood roads and let red rats cross. That said I have eaten rattlesnake and would do so again given the opportunity. I will walk around a moccasin in my trail in the dark, and have walked over rattlers that for one reason or another didn't tag me. As a child I had snakes as pets, I do not fear them, I fear what the ones that dont belong here are doing to my backyard. I fear more the lack of response from the people I expect to be protecting OUR land. More then that I fear that there are not enough people that care, and for that I fear we are doomed. Maybe not in our lifetime, and you may never see it, but with complete and total LACK OF MANAGEMENT, it is inevitable.
  • DropTine797DropTine797 Posts: 681 Officer
    If I may insert my two cents without getting torn to pieces:
    Facts and studies show that there is a significant population decline of mammals and other types of animals in the southern Everglades. We also know that predator populations and python populations are on the rise. There is also an increase of water being pumped into some areas and most of the time this doesn't help to much either. Now as this is the "Hunt Camp" section of the forum I assume most of us are concerned about majorly mammals so I'll start there.

Predators- So from experience I could tell you the predator population and facts agree. When I drive into some southern WMAs I have to often swerve to avoid bobcats darting out infront of me. In places that hogs used to be abundant I get out of my car in the morning and hear the howls of coyotes. In BC I frequently see panthers/Texas cougars running around. I have even had an fwc officer tell me panthers are killing off more deer than ever and are getting to the point where they're killing EACHOTHER off. I read the big deer morality study the did in Bear Island years back and most of them were killed by bobcats (this was right before the big panther revival). Other causes were natural, hunters, and a few other things. Another predator the black bear has its numbers growing too according to that big black bear plan fwc posted a few months back. Fortunately bears are omnivorous and will without hesitation eat plants. This means their impact on mammals won't be as much. Based on what I've experienced and the facts I've viewed predators could be strong cause for the disappearance of mammals in some southern WMAs.

Pythons- Ok so we know we have a problem here obviously. These monster non-native snakes can eat mature deer and hold their own against alligators. What stops them from eating smaller mammals? Not much. Like I said this is a problem but what's the magnitude of it? Some people estimate there's 100,000+ snakes while some estimate there's 10,000. What is it? Some people say they will not die during a cold snap and some say they will. What is it? Some say these things will adapt and spread north. Well, what is it? While these snakes are certainly a threat and have certainly harmed the mammal population, there's no way to say how much damage they have done. There's also no real answer to what they can do. The thing is I really don't wanna find out. Still its a growing problem that NEEDS to be taken care of. While I can say the pythons harm the mammal population I cannot confidently and affirmatively say how much.

Water- Ill say this from the get go: I am not a cerp expert so I'm gonna need some help on this one. I know over the years the water has increased in most southern WMAs but I can't tell you numbers. What I can tell you follows. So the mammals we hunt are considered LAND mammals so they need LAND to survive. When SFWMD decides to pump more water in or decides to hold water in these southern WMAs mammals are gonna loose land that they live, feed, and sleep on. Lets look at two WMAs a little to the north to compare the impact of water.
    Rotenberg- 7 deer last year harvested roughly 30000 acres and filled with water (knee high)
    Holey Land- 26(something like that?) deer harvested roughly 30000 acres and has a few inches of water in it
    These WMA's are also right next to each other so the climate is practically the same. Clearly by looking at this you can tell water has an impact on large mammals so what makes you think smaller mammals will fair too much better? I can confidently say increasing water is another strong factor that decreases the mammal population.

I'm sure there are other factors too and I'm sure you can add on to what I've said or what I forgot to mention but it's 1:45 in the morning, I'm tired, and have class tomorrow so I'm done for now. DropTine signing off~
    Seven down, Eight to go.
  • TriplecleanTripleclean Posts: 6,570 Admiral
    SW i need help..got all kinds of that stuff rolling around. I was going to ask Magot or RRBBTTUB for help.
  • TriplecleanTripleclean Posts: 6,570 Admiral
    SW i need help..got all kinds of that stuff rolling around. I was going to ask some for help.
    This is happening everyday in Everglades National Park and the Big Cypress National Preserve. Small mammal populations are down 99%, deer populations are down 94%. The federal government is doing next to nothing to end it. These snakes are expected to inhabit the entire peninsula of Florida in the next few years. And then the entire southern third of the continental United States by 2016. Here they are with the opportunity to stop them before they leave Florida, and they aren't.
    Hunters can't hunt in ENP, all the mammals and birds will be gone, but hunters are not allowed.
    They kicked people out of ENP and this happened. Now they are working on kicking people out BCNP, I wonder what will happen next?
    Fiction, sir, is the green hulk you use for your avatar. If you would spend less time reading comic books, the distinction between fact and fiction might be easier for you.

An opinion would be for example, you are a pompous ignoramus.

The photograph is FACT, it is actually happening, the second picture is in FACT a picture of a snake caught in the BCNP with a deer it ate. The first picture is a picture of a big snake eating some kind of deer. Nobody ever said that picture was taken in FL. The statement I made was simply, this happens in the ENP AND BCNP. You can think whatever you like, it is still the USA, and Mitt Romney is our next president.

fact Noun: A thing that is indisputably the case.

You seem to be having trouble, there are NO FACTS in your OP, just opinions.

Show some official information backing your claims, small mammal populations down 99% and deer populations down 94%.

You have implied ALL the photos were taken in the Everglades. "This is happening everyday in Everglades National Park and the Big Cypress National Preserve".
    Did the cold weather affect the conditional reptile population?
    The cold snap in January and February 2010 dramatically reduced the numbers of Burmese pythons in the wild. Based on observations and reports from python removal permit holders, biologists and hunters, the FWC believes 30-50 percent of the wild Burmese python population died as a result of the record cold weather. The FWC believes seasonal kills are beneficial in helping to control nonnative reptile populations.

LINK

People passing along misinformation are the real threat.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzKBjm3nkCk

The statistics were provided by NPS employees in an interview and documentary filmed with Dan Rather. The link for a section of the documentary is above, I do not know how to put the entire thing on here from my TV. The documentary was on TV last week, and those statistics were provided by an NPS EMPLOYEE. THE NPS EMPLOYEE CLEARLY STATES THOSE SCIENTIFICALLY OBTAINED FACTS ON THE DOCUMENTARY, I relayed that information to the people on this forum.

And I implied nothing, I simply stated that Snakes are eating deer in ENP and BCNP everyday. You inferred, again, you must use a dictionary when using the English language. You have a hard time distinguishing the meaning of words.

People like you are the REAL THREAT!

Why? Because I am the average hunter trying to share information with like minded people. I am trying to inform people of what is happening with THEIR land. I am sharing information that most people didn't have an opportunity to see for themselves. And if you are SO ALARMED by these numbers, instead of bashing me, you should be figuring out what you can do for OUR land. Figure out what you can do to keep that same problem from getting to South Central Florida and beyond.

Instead you have fit the mold of a POMPOUS IGNORAMUS.

If you think those numbers are crazy, just wait till they inhabit your neck of the woods.
  • flydownflydown Posts: 6,464 Admiral
    I believe the Kinks wrote a song about this back in '81.
    DYING for me was the most HE could do. LIVING for HIM is the least I can do
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzKBjm3nkCk

The statistics were provided by NPS employees in an interview and documentary filmed with Dan Rather. The link for a section of the documentary is above, I do not know how to put the entire thing on here from my TV. The documentary was on TV last week, and those statistics were provided by an NPS EMPLOYEE. THE NPS EMPLOYEE CLEARLY STATES THOSE SCIENTIFICALLY OBTAINED FACTS ON THE DOCUMENTARY, I relayed that information to the people on this forum.

And I implied nothing, I simply stated that Snakes are eating deer in ENP and BCNP everyday. You inferred, again, you must use a dictionary when using the English language. You have a hard time distinguishing the meaning of words.

People like you are the REAL THREAT!

Why? Because I am the average hunter trying to share information with like minded people. I am trying to inform people of what is happening with THEIR land. I am sharing information that most people didn't have an opportunity to see for themselves. And if you are SO ALARMED by these numbers, instead of bashing me, you should be figuring out what you can do for OUR land. Figure out what you can do to keep that same problem from getting to South Central Florida and beyond.

Instead you have fit the mold of a POMPOUS IGNORAMUS.

If you think those numbers are crazy, just wait till they inhabit your neck of the woods.

I WOULD BE WILLING TO BET OUR BELOVED PANTHER HAS MORE TO DO WITH MAMALS BEING REDUCED . Ime not saying there not hurting them but you sitting here beating a dead horse is not helping with trying to get the into the areas to kill them . If you were so concrened about it you should contact the senators that started this hole thing and let them know they will not be stopped till we can get into those areas to reduce the numbers .
    living life as i like
    I write letters to senators, congressman and all sorts of politicians, state and federal government on a very regular basis. I also attend meetings and voice my opinion, I donate money to non profit hunting organizations and I participate in local chapters of conservation organizations. And then I come on this forum to let you know. To be honest with you with some of the responses on this forum, its no wonder we don't get anywhere.

And I agree, our Florida/Texas/Cougar/Panther plays a large role, I figured the chances were better of getting permission to hunt pythons before they give permission to hunt the cats.
    This thread has run it's course. I'm closing it.

This discussion has been closed.
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Digital Now Included!

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

Preview This Month's Issue

Buy Digital Single Issues

Don't miss an issue.
Buy single digital issue for your phone or tablet.

Buy Single Digital Issue on the Florida Sportsman App

Other Magazines

See All Other Magazines

Special Interest Magazines

See All Special Interest Magazines

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Florida Sportsman stories delivered right to your inbox.

Advertisement

Phone Icon

Get Digital Access.

All Florida Sportsman subscribers now have digital access to their magazine content. This means you have the option to read your magazine on most popular phones and tablets.

To get started, click the link below to visit mymagnow.com and learn how to access your digital magazine.

Get Digital Access

Not a Subscriber?
Subscribe Now