Skip to main content
Home General Paddle Craft

NMZ INFO

shallow water assassinshallow water assassin Senior MemberOkeechobeePosts: 389 Officer
So im planing a trip with Chobeeboys to Kars park to fish in the NMZ zone and would like some info on where to go and what to use? Any help would be great. Go Noles!!!!:banana

Replies

• palmbeachpetepalmbeachpete Senior Member SebastianPosts: 2,624 Captain
    I would bring a few top water baits and some soft jerk baits. The same lures that you use on the Big O will work there. I like gold and glow or gold and black. As far as where to fish, I have not fished their. Someone will know and post. Good luck.
  • Doit873Doit873 Member Merritt Island, FLPosts: 34 Deckhand
    Top water and soft jerk baits work good. I like to use a DOA glow shrimp, if that isnt working i will use a gulp shrimp. I also like to use a red jig head and a chartreuse minnow or shad, for some reason that has been really good to use up there.

I would put in at kars and head north. There has been alot of bait, so just work the bait schools on your way north. You dont have to go all the way up to buck creek to have a good day. There isnt much grass untill you get to the "small epcot ball" as I call it there will be alot of grass on the flats. Good luck and watch out for the gators, you dont want to become gator bait. GO GATORS!!!
  • ChobeeboysChobeeboys Senior Member OkeechobeePosts: 417 Officer
    I am so stoked for this trip, I hope the water quality is better than the coffee I have been fishing in around stuart.
    Freedom is not free, but the U.S. Marine Corps will pay most of your share.
    Ned Dolan
  • shallow water assassinshallow water assassin Senior Member OkeechobeePosts: 389 Officer
    Thanks for all this info guys
  • flyfshrmn82flyfshrmn82 Senior Member Posts: 139 Deckhand
    Head north. All the way north.