Home Diver's Corner

Venice FL, Shark tooth diving??

diverritediverrite Posts: 167 Deckhand
Hey,

Anyone form around Venice FL on here, I've been wanting to go down for some diving and looking for teeth. Neat videos on Utube, did a search and only two dive shops come up.
Dive by myself but looking for someone to hook up with down there. Would also like to go on over to the east coast while that far down.

Sea ya,
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Diverrite aboard "Step Into Liquid"

Replies

• fishingkid315fishingkid315 Posts: 1,955 Captain
    I would just go a little bit of the beach and go at high tide so the water is clear.
    Sarasota,Fl 
    Fishing, Photography, Life
  • subpaysubpay Posts: 30 Greenhorn
    I made that dive back in June with some buddy's and had a really good time. I went with aristacat charters Capt Jamie 941-321-0852 he ran a 25 ft boat for a decent amount. I know he has some regulars that may team up with ya. Give him a try if you care to. The diving was in 25-32 ft and the three of us found about 8 or 10 meg/mako teeth in 4 dives. Good luck and I may see you sometime as that area is on my short list to dive again.
  • diverritediverrite Posts: 167 Deckhand
    Thanks Subpay,

Aristacat is one of the vids I seen, and did see the name on the boat but could not find it again.

Sea ya,
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Diverrite aboard "Step Into Liquid"
  • IdlewildeIdlewilde Posts: 1,357 Officer
    subpay wrote: »
    I made that dive back in June with some buddy's and had a really good time. I went with aristacat charters Capt Jamie 941-321-0852 he ran a 25 ft boat for a decent amount. I know he has some regulars that may team up with ya. Give him a try if you care to. The diving was in 25-32 ft and the three of us found about 8 or 10 meg/mako teeth in 4 dives. Good luck and I may see you sometime as that area is on my short list to dive again.

Jamie is the man - has a 26 or 28 ft Pro Cat I think it is, powered by twin 225 Hondas, and he is out there almost every day.

PM me if you want to hunt for them on your own via a beach dive.