Home Angler On Foot

Lunch Break Redfish! 9/26/12

Joupdog1Joupdog1 Posts: 1,416 Officer
Been trying to plan a trip with my buddy, Capt. Jeremy(snookcook) and he called me yesterday around Noon and said he could go for an hour or two so off we went. He had to be back to work by 2 so this was his "lunch break". He said he wanted to catch redfish so I chose the spot I thought most likely to get one. We waded for a good half hour with nothing to show. I had on a big Skitterwalk and he had one of my lucky MirrOdines. I made a long cast and see a huge explosion on top! I'm hooked up for 2 or 3 minutes of drag peeling action before it spits the hook. Then Jeremy hooks up to a jack, but there are redfish trailing it! I pitch my topwater and the 6lb jacks beat them to it. After unhooking those, we turned around only to find more mullet running. Jeremy casts and has the fish pull the back treble off the MirrOdine. I cast and as soon as it hits the water, it's taken! I'm hooked up to a big redfish, saw it this time. Jeremy casts again and hooks into a redfish with only one treble! He fights his in and grabs it, but mine is still going! Never gained line on it. Looked well over slot and then the hook pulls out. So now I took some good pics of Jeremy's red before it's released. It was a 30 minute window of a hot redfish bite. Hooking 4 or 5 of them, all big.

Replies