Skip to main content
Home General Paddle Craft

Return to Munyon

irishff727irishff727 Senior MemberwpbPosts: 948 Officer
After my trip last saturday with PGA john to munyon I decided I would head back there this morning with Red118. We got there at 630 half hour after max high tide.The no seeums at the launch site were insane and almost made us rethink even going out but after quickly getting our yaks set up we headed out. Short paddle through the cut and I started tossing DOA fiji chic jerk baits at the grass edge. gets slammed and a nice trout comes boat side for a palm beach release. :banghead:banghead A paddle lil farther south and east produce a nice 20" trout and so far we are off to a good start. Red finally catches up and we start working the grass hard. Get another slam and miss hook set so far trout 2 me 1. I make the choice to pull out the poppin cork seeming how it was the go to rig last saturday. First cast produces trout, then a jack, and another jack and another jack. Beginning to think that this isnt going to be the trip i had hoped for. I look back and I see red with his first fish of the day... nice lil foul hooked pin fish, that will teach him to bite the tails off of the doa shad tails. lots of mullet swimming every where at one point there had to be a line of jumping mullet at least 60 feet long just going nuts. I finally land another trout on the poppin cork, I must say if you would have told me a month ago that I would be fishing the poppin cork as much as I have been I would have told you that your nuts, but Alas, this thing does kill the fish, So we paddle around a bit more to area I saw busting up with bait, poppin cork goes out, mangrove snapper comes in, red finally got a trout in the boat after losing a nice fatty yak side. all in all days total, me 6/9 on the trout, 3/3 jacks, 1/1 on the snapper and at the end a barracuda. Red 1/1 pin fish, 1/2 on the trout and 1/1 on the jacks.
time enjoyed wasted is not wasted time

Replies