Let the Heart Attacks commence!

Well, grandson Louie & I continued our “Fishin Mission” today. The destination came to me in a dream last night. Louie & I had been trying to decide which lake to go to today and I woke up at around 2:00 AM with the answer. We ended up going back to a lake that we fished way back when I had cancer and didn’t know it yet. It was hurting so bad the day that we fished this lake that we had to load up and go home early. That’s saying a lot for me & Louie. It usually takes mass lightning or hurricanes or nuclear war to accomplish that. Anyway everyone kept telling us that it was just too dang hot to go out on the lake today. And although I must admit it was definitely hot out there, after all it is Florida in July, the fishing turned out to be a lot hotter. So hot that Louie and I decided not to divulge the real name of this lake and call it “Lake Heart Attack” instead. The reason for that name will become more obvious as you read through this. Here’s the view as we set sail in the “SS LOUIE”. (That's Louie's boat).
02010eb0.jpg

And let the “heart attacks” commence!
d4adc7d0.jpg

Louie drew “first blood” with this nice bucket. “What a way to start the day”, I thought.
04696515.jpg

But it just kept getting better.
58b84add.jpg

It was right about here, Louie had one straighten the hooks on his Pop-R! (seriously)! Here's some scenery from out on Lake Heart Attack. Just beautiful!
b0ccce78.jpg
db29b550.jpg

Old grampa even got in on the action. (I’m usually just the Guide/Trolling motor operator/Photographer).
899d101f.jpg

However Lunker Louie was not to be out-done.
17de8945.jpg

We were having an absolute blast.
65807300.jpg

Every single one of these fish were caught with a top-water Pop-R! (Hence the name “Lake Heart Attack”)!
1e1bcd51.jpg

Louie ended the day @ 11:00 AM with this nice specimen. All of the bass shown in this post were released unharmed (except for some sore lips).
dd68cfa9.jpg

This was a day that Louie & I won’t forget. We had a wonderful time. We can't wait to get back out there and do it again

P.S. No nitroglycerin tablets required! I know my heart's okay after today!

Replies

• SloughSlough S.w. Ga./ St. JamesPosts: 4,349 Captain
    :beer Great memories made there!
    I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you
  • cuckoocuckoo Posts: 107 Deckhand
    Awesome... Mornings like those are hard to beat...
    God is great... Beer is good... And people are crazy!
  • Austins26Austins26 Posts: 1,989 Captain
    great catches for sure nicely done
    The Original HOTD poster
    680k views 360 plus posts Deleted by a so called Mod over a little cleavage

member since Oct 1998 long before most of You
  • FishaHallicFishaHallic Posts: 660 Officer
    Those are some nice bass, what were the weights?
  • RiverratRiverrat Posts: 3 Greenhorn
    FishaHallic, we didn't weigh a single one, but the biggest was around 10, then there were two that probably were close to 8, but the really big one ...........well who knows? It bent the hooks on Louie's Pop-R. We lost a few also that I would consider Lunkers. We'll definately be back. We know where they live.
  • asj410asj410 Posts: 16 Greenhorn
    W-O-W! That is one serious honey hole! Especially with those giants hitting topwater that late in the day. Sweet stuff. Very nice work!
  • wilburzwilburz Posts: 936 Officer
    Those are some lunkers all right. Looks like a good time.

Happiness is a belt fed weapon!

• CajunRichCajunRich Posts: 262 Officer
    Nice to hear that you pulled through everything and were able to make more trips like this.
  • Captain Shane ProcellCaptain Shane Procell Posts: 371 Officer
    Those are some beautiful fish. Was that north south east or west Florida?
  • bigzee20bigzee20 Posts: 72 Deckhand
    Now those are pigs!!!!!!!!!!!
  • RiverratRiverrat Posts: 3 Greenhorn
    Those are some beautiful fish. Was that north south east or west Florida?

None of the above Captain. Lake Heart Attack would be central.

Thanks to everybody for all the nice comments!
  • RemoteRedsTroutRemoteRedsTrout Posts: 408 Deckhand
    Very nice fish!!!!!! What a day!!!!!!!!!
    bill-dance-motor-o.gif1314011917_bill_dance_fishing_blooper.gifsMozlUn.gif
  • floridacrackrfloridacrackr Posts: 603 Officer
    Looks like you had a great day. Nice fish!
  • BmillerBmiller Posts: 36 Deckhand
    way to go! i could only imagine the blowups those fish caused the the excitement that insued! Job very well done. Hell of a day id say
  • earthworm77earthworm77 Posts: 5 Greenhorn
    Nice job.