Stolen Garmin 4212 Details

I just wanted to let people know of my Garmin 4212 that was stolen from my boat this august. The 4212 was flush mounted in the dash and they stolen it as well as the GSD 22 sounder black box that was mounted inside the inclosed dash area.

The thief's knew what they wanted and they cut all the cables and wires that ran to both the 4212 and the GSD 22 sounder black box.

The Garmin 4212 serial number: 155000265
The Unit ID in the software is: 326701171

The boat is parked on a trailer in my back yard in the Cape Coral area of Florida.

If anyone has bought a used Garmin 4212 you might want to check the serial number as this unit is reported stolen and is entered into the NCIC/FCIC data base and if you are checked you will be position of stoen property.

I think it would be great idea to start a sub-forum for entering stolen electronics.

Replies

• nuclearfishnnuclearfishn Posts: 8,356 Admiral
    This is one of the main reasons that I mounted mine on a bracket. Take it off, and in the house after each use. Takes 30 seconds. The other reason is that I can adjust the angle of the unit to reduce the glare from the sun. ( that drives me crazy in my friends boats!)
    good luck finding it. I'll keep an eye out of for it. I would look at the local flea markets for it.
  • larrywittlarrywitt Posts: 2,665 Moderator
    Just a shame we have to take extra precautions..I take mine off also..
    larrywitt
  • RexLanRexLan Posts: 868 Officer
    That totally sucks. From the sound of it it may be someone you know since they knew what/where they wanted.

One of those cameras the guys use to spot deer at night is the ticket. Put it in a tree or something and it can see teh boat in the dark and it WILL take the scum bags picture. I don't think they are expensive either.
    Port Charlotte, Florida
  • Proline 21Proline 21 Posts: 3 Greenhorn
    Thanks, I have been reimbursed by the insurance company the total lose was just shy of $4,100 dollars. I did a unit with a bracket this time so it is not on the boat anymore. I had the 4212 flush mounted and also a small 440s mounted on the dash with a bracket for a back up. Now I have a 740s on the dash next to the 440s with both on brackets. The police think it is a group from the east coast out of the Miami area as several boats have been hit around here. There is a cuban group that is stealing electronics is what the police officer told me.

I would also like to thank Rob Lockwood of Positive Connections as he is the one who installs all my electronics and does a very professional job. Super company to deal with.
  • nuclearfishnnuclearfishn Posts: 8,356 Admiral
    Proline. What part of the Cape do you live in? I'm in the SW section off the Bimini canal. They had some problems earlier this year just North of me.
  • vcimav2vcimav2 Posts: 3 Greenhorn
    Add my Garmin to the MIX serial number 155007843 Garmin 4212 Stolen in Stuart Florida 12/2012