Snook Stories

Been out of town for a week or so.....has anyone been doing any good on the beach snook? or any snook for that matter? Going to try and get out the next few days....hopefully will post up later this week. Catch 'em up.

Replies

• Linesider41Linesider41 Posts: 271 Officer
    I went Thursday and concentrated on light tackle and lights.
    I ended up striking out on the slots only managed 2 subslots.
    The fish were there just not feeding on that part of the tide.
    Batting average dropped to .666. I am hoping to up it to .750 tonight!
  • ChuddybuckrivetChuddybuckrivet Posts: 3,156 Officer
    Hit the beach yesterday around 6pm. Didnt see any bait, or fish.
  • dtobiasdtobias Posts: 733 Officer
    Thanks guys.....gonna try and make it tomorrow before first light.....will let you know how I do.
  • dpdashdpdash Posts: 5,359 Admiral
    spoke to a lifeguard at Sunrise Blvd today who had not seen any bait in the last couple of days fwiw
  • Linesider41Linesider41 Posts: 271 Officer
    I worked too late so it's not going to happen.
    Tomorrow is my 26th anniversary so I better not push my luck then either!
  • tarponhuntertarponhunter Posts: 333 Deckhand
    i went out this evening around hillsboro and i did not see any mullet in the canals or on the beach. i didnt spend much time on the beach but i did catch two small jacks and there were bits sitting on the beach waiting for the next school to come by i imagine.
  • kahmadkahmad Posts: 235 Officer
    I fished jensen beach and jupiter last night. Tons of mullet and bunkers on the bridges close to the inlets. Could not buy a bite on live mullet or artificials. One guy was throwing the biggest live shrimp I've ever seen (especially in September) and hooked a fat 24 inch snook. Probably a 6 pounder - at only 24-25 inches! They are getting so fat on all that mullet.

For the life of me I can't figure out why people love fishing the mullet run so much. It's just too hard to get their attention when they're feasting on a pod of mullet the size of a cruise ship.