Offroading in the Holey Lands...looking for info

hey all,
was curious about off roading at the Holey Lands off Levee 5 in the glades. I've heard this is a great place for ATV's and trucks. I was wondering if anyone knew the "route" for legal places to drive around it. Looking at the overhead map i can see areas where circles have rooted up so i'm assuming it's open season out there. Just wanted to find out from anyone who has first hand experience.

i've heard you follow the paved road till it turns into dirt...so that looks to be the right fork off the road that heads west and then forks north to NE.

forum off roading happy hour anyone?

aerial photo

Replies

• ChuddybuckrivetChuddybuckrivet Posts: 3,156 Officer
    Used to be you couldn't go "just riding" during hunting season. Unless your hunting. That was many moons ago though. They also used to open and close it depending on the conditions too (too dry etc), though that may have been Rotenberger. If noone else in the know chimes in, you may just want to call FWC and see what the current regs are.
  • dougmaysdougmays Posts: 288 Officer
    Good call on calling FWC...
  • JustTVHJustTVH Posts: 106 Officer
    Your better off going a bit further and go to devils garden.
    JustTVH wrote: »
    Your better off going a bit further and go to devils garden.

where is that?
  • ResinheadResinhead Posts: 9,717 Admiral
    Used to shoot a lot of mottles in there. Been rained on too many times with skyshooters.
  • Spear'em!Spear'em! Posts: 177 Officer
    Some good bassing out there. It's been a long while but we used to just keep going till we finished a beer or two and then stop and get a some 8 pounders and then keep going till the next beer was done. Get another nice one and keep moving. I'm sure its all fished out now as not many release a big bass. They love the mercury! Hopefully it is really as bad as they say!!! **** babies for all cane polers!!!!!!!!!!
    Checked out Devil's Garden...cool place. is it only open for special events?
  • Captain BackyardCaptain Backyard Posts: 436 Deckhand
    Spear'em! wrote: »
    They love the mercury! Hopefully it is really as bad as they say!!! **** babies for all cane polers!!!!!!!!!!

LOL! Jeeze!
  • HialeahAnglerHialeahAngler Posts: 9,612 Admiral
    Spear'em! wrote: »
    Some good bassing out there. It's been a long while but we used to just keep going till we finished a beer or two and then stop and get a some 8 pounders and then keep going till the next beer was done. Get another nice one and keep moving. I'm sure its all fished out now as not many release a big bass. They love the mercury! Hopefully it is really as bad as they say!!! **** babies for all cane polers!!!!!!!!!!

lmao. that explains it all.
    friedpeacocks.jpg