Sarasota Near Shore Fun.... Spanish, Kingfish, Bonita, Flounder, Rock Bass....

I was able to grab a ride with a friend and his two son's today. We all had a good time catching a boat load of Spanish Mac's, Bonita and Kingfish all within a few miles of Big Pass (Sarasota). Fish were everywhere and the action was non-stop for hours. Took home 20 Spanish, Kingfish, Flounder & Rock Bass. The Flounder and Bass were caught on the troll. The grill smoker will be going for days!!!
1.jpg 94.1K
2.jpg 92.3K
3.jpg 87.8K
4.jpg 90.9K
5.jpg 91.9K
6.jpg 88.8K

Replies

• fishingkid315fishingkid315 Posts: 1,952 Captain
    Today was Really Calm! By any chance were you guys at new pass grille around 2? or somewhere around there? nice catches though. How far were yall?
    Sarasota,Fl 
    Fishing, Photography, Life
  • Angler SystemsAngler Systems Posts: 919 Officer
    Today was Really Calm! By any chance were you guys at new pass grille around 2? or somewhere around there? nice catches though. How far were yall?

They dropped me off at Siesta Bridge around 2:30 and headed north, they may have gone their but I do not know.

All fish were caught within 4 miles of the shoreline.
  • nuclearfishnnuclearfishn Posts: 8,356 Admiral
    I just could not convince myself to go offshore today. NOAA was saying 1 foot then 2 foot. Looked pretty tame out there in the background. Dam!!! I should got my lazy but out of my girlfriend's bed gone deep!
  • larrywittlarrywitt Posts: 2,676 Moderator
    Great report just shows you don't need a mega boat to spend quality time on the water to catch fish.:thumbsup.
    thanks for the report.
    larrywitt