Old Bahama Bay

skinneejskinneej Posts: 358 Officer
Do they have ice there? I've been staying at Blue Marlin Cove, but taking advantage of the special at OBB right now. Just wanted to make sure that I can get ice. Also, is it something I can grab at 6:30 AM or do I need to get it the night before? Is it difficult to get 100lbs?
skinnej.jpg

Replies

• Lazy BonesLazy Bones Posts: 940 Officer
    Plenty of ice. 100#, not usually a problem. 0630 may be early, I'd get it the night before.
  • TrollaltdeleteTrollaltdelete Posts: 660 Officer
    Doesn't Blue Marlin Cove have that big ice house. Is it broken again?
    Take out your boat, make a memory!
  • PaulBoatPaulBoat Posts: 4,389 Officer
    I think 7am is the earliest and if memory serves me correctly it's $4 per 10lb bag.

Sent from my Droid on "THIS side"
  • skinneejskinneej Posts: 358 Officer
    Doesn't Blue Marlin Cove have that big ice house. Is it broken again?
    Last I was there was on July 8 and it was working just fine. I just didn't want to run 6 miles south to get ice if I didn't have to. Also, at BMC, they are using smaller bags now. This time we are staying at OBB because of the special and just wanted to make sure that I didn't need to prepare in advance.
    skinnej.jpg
  • TrollaltdeleteTrollaltdelete Posts: 660 Officer
    Sorry, I misread that, I thought you were staying at Blue Marlin
    Take out your boat, make a memory!
  • Gary MGary M Posts: 13,116 AG
    You can also call them on VHF 10 and have one of the guys deliver the ice to the boat if time allows.....

If you plan to get ice the night before, bring some newspapers and after you pack the ice away, layer 6-8 pages tightly over the ice and you'll lose almost no ice overnight. Newspaper is a wonderful insulator.....

Then don't forget ro post a Report when you get back!
    Cancelled because of the weather...
    skinnej.jpg
    Cytranic wrote: »
    Huh? Weather is great 10 days out, as far as the forecast goes.....
    Obvoiusly! Just figured that I would loop back so I wouldn't get accused of not posting a report...
    skinnej.jpg