Home Angler On Foot

Snook Fishing Treasure Coast?

Ever since the Tropical Storm I feel like the snook fishing has been horrible in the river. I rarely see anymore schools of mullet like they were before the storm. I've been going to bathtub beach and walking all the way down to the inlet and fishing the jetty. I've been lucky there but haven't gotten any slots. Does anyone know any other good spots? I've been using swimbaits and rapala's at the jetty which have been working.

Replies

• mandaferretmandaferret Posts: 932 Officer
    Ever since the Tropical Storm I feel like the snook fishing has been horrible in the river. I rarely see anymore schools of mullet like they were before the storm. I've been going to bathtub beach and walking all the way down to the inlet and fishing the jetty. I've been lucky there but haven't gotten any slots. Does anyone know any other good spots? I've been using swimbaits and rapala's at the jetty which have been working.

I would have to guess a lot of the snook are still upstream coming back from the spillways. At bathtub, most of the larger snook are too smart to hit artificials, but using livebait at the inlet can work.
  • EastCoastAnglerEastCoastAngler Posts: 45 Deckhand
    I'm going to try the Roosevelt bridge tonight. Got some pretty good tips from some seasoned snook fisherman so we'll see what happens. Let me know if anyone is out there and we can meet up.
  • nolesnum01nolesnum01 Posts: 84 Deckhand
    It has been tough the past few weeks due to the storm. Sunday , around St. Lucie inlet was horrible , due to the brown water. Keep us updated on how you do.
  • sharkatak1089sharkatak1089 Posts: 6,407 Officer
    ft pierce was tough the other night, but 4 hours in, we got 3 slot fish. all on pins...
    I am choice.
    Please don't try to interject with reason, it only further confuses the matter.