Deep Dropping Walkers & Grand Cay Bahamas

BROWNINGBBROWNINGB Posts: 37 Greenhorn
Heading over next week to Walkers & Grand Cay Bahamas I plan on doing some deep dropping. Can anybody tell me where to go? Depth area etc?

Thanks

Replies

• Bite N HoldBite N Hold Posts: 1,328 Officer
    We have had some luck with grouper and yellowtail just northwest of Walkers. There are really no special spots. Just get on the edge between 800-1200 and move around until you find them.
    FOR SALE-Old Homosassa Vacation Rental
    http://www.vrbo.com/105186

"No matter the size of the fish, you can only put a bite size peice in your mouth."
  • BspotBspot Posts: 189 Officer
    We have had some luck with grouper and yellowtail just northwest of Walkers. There are really no special spots. Just get on the edge between 800-1200 and move around until you find them.

Seems a tad deep for yellowtail! If your looking for yelloweyes and queens you should be good there.
  • BROWNINGBBROWNINGB Posts: 37 Greenhorn
    How much weight should be used in 800-1200 feet of water?
  • MenziesMenzies Posts: 19,289 AG
    Remember to check in through customs first! :thumbsup
    Maybe if we tell people that the brain is an App, they will start using it.
    Bspot wrote: »
    Seems a tad deep for yellowtail! If your looking for yelloweyes and queens you should be good there.

Ha you got me....I was typing without thinking.....Heading over in a few weeks and was thinking about hitting up some yellowtails also....not in 800' tho. More like 80'.

"No matter the size of the fish, you can only put a bite size peice in your mouth."
  • Lazy BonesLazy Bones Posts: 941 Officer
    Ha you got me....I was typing without thinking.....Heading over in a few weeks and was thinking about hitting up some yellowtails also....not in 800' tho. More like 80'.

Bite, when you going to be there? We will be heading over aug 5-7 and staying @ Jollies
  • CNTNDERfloridaysCNTNDERfloridays Posts: 41 Deckhand
    May sound like common sense but, Don't go straight off Walkers, the sharks will eat you up, was there 2 weeks ago and the locals have been saying the sharks have been noticably bad lately. There always bad though. Like Bite n hold said, as long as you find some bumpy ground you'll do good from 800- 1200.
    Contender27 "Floridays" Jupiter, FL
  • BROWNINGBBROWNINGB Posts: 37 Greenhorn
    Thanks for your response CNTNDERfloridays.

How much weight should be used in 800-1200 feet of water?
  • GO2ABACOGO2ABACO Posts: 15 Greenhorn
    Before we got shut down up here in NC i was using 6 to 8 pounds in 600 to 1000 feet
    We will be there the Aug 1st for a few days. We will have to hook up. We have rooms at Rosies and Jollies. Is Derrick going with you guys again? Surprised Ally would let him get away again.....We will hook up over there!
    Nick

• Lazy BonesLazy Bones Posts: 941 Officer
    Derick will be with us. Dude is the only guy who gets more hall passes than I. We will be on my 27 contender, Hill Raiser. Hopefully see you there.