Home Angler On Foot

Biscayne bay waterspout and snappers Ive caught in the last few days...

swordfizhswordfizh Posts: 177 Officer
This morning I saw a waterspout, a MASSIVE one, this was off Biscayne park! Just thought I would share... Been fishing as much as i can, It is helping me get over the death of a close relative... Thank god, and Tommy for my knowledge and our fishing... Without it sanity would be a lot harder to attain and keep!

IMAG0508.jpg
IMAG0509.jpg
Had to perform non invasive surgery on him... someone left him with a big chunky leader and the hardware to go with it... I am glad he was hungry enough to eat my jig! He went back, minus the googan mouthgear!

IMAG0510.jpg
IMAG0495.jpg
IMAG0496.jpg

This last one was a beast! I caught a small jack and was fishing next to a googan and trying to teach him a thing or two about been good to the fisheries... Its funny how people confess to you how they have taken overslot or underslot fish ALL the time... Either way, I caught the little jack on a rig I came up with and this very nice grover comes out of nowhere following my fish all lit up! I tell the man to toss his shrimp right under my jack, and BAM he was on! You should have seen this guy's face... Afterwards he was hailing me like a god LMAO!!! He also loved how he hadnt caught anything for hours and I got there and caught 5 snapper back to back all over 13" on a olive xrap! :pistols:

Either way! Get out there, they are chewing!

-swordfish
fishy.gif

"The definition of Insanity is to continue to do the same thing repeatedly and expect a different outcome, thus by definition, fishing is insanity, we are all insane!"

Replies

• HopittyhopHopittyhop Posts: 302 Officer
    Are those crappie jigs? and wow that thing ate a lure half its size hahaha.
  • swordfizhswordfizh Posts: 177 Officer
    Yep... Crappie jigs are DEADLY! I have caught more fish on em than on live bait... Hands down! Everything eats them! I do really well on artificials for snapper, and the usual arti suspects snook, tarpon, redfish, bonefish etc... I have even caught black drums and big sheepshead on them as well.

-swordfish
    fishy.gif

"The definition of Insanity is to continue to do the same thing repeatedly and expect a different outcome, thus by definition, fishing is insanity, we are all insane!"
  • DoozeDooze Posts: 234 Deckhand
    Thanks for the video and all the pics swordfizh. I like all the different shades of mangos and especially the schoolmaster snapper. Snapper are great fish to catch, but even more so on arti's. Do you ever tip the crappie jigs with a small glow colored grub or a shrimp tail?