Marathon 9/2/12

Today, i was out of key colony,with a family that wanted to fish for yellowtails,as they rented a house there and din't know the area well, we started by going to a spot where i've caught many tails and some bait and found a previous customer there with his family, so i moved around and anchored near by and all we caught where some bonitos.so we moved on and tried a few more spots but the current was very fast, making the catching, a very technical thing to be able to feel the bight, which was very sporadic to top it off. they put down some baits and caught a nice strawberry grouper and released and under size black,and managed to get one yellowtail.we kept on moving and the bight was very slow.around 1pm we got to this spot the current had slowed some and that's when we got the bight going good, the girl and her father and uncle were happy to finally end the day, as they were expecting and bring home fresh fish for dinner,they all caught nice flag yellowtails and i was invited to stay for dinner,cant refuse freshly caught yellowtail so i had a nice dinner and on my way to Miami i went.here are some of the fish.Photo1458.jpgPhoto1459.jpgPhoto1462.jpg

Replies

• ExocetExocet Posts: 55 Deckhand
    Nice :fishing report.
    Work is for people that don't know how to fish!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lowe-boylowe-boy Posts: 1,220 Officer
    Great report.

How do you feel about the possible closure of yellowtail snapper in the South Atlantic due to over harvesting?
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.
  • Angler_2600Angler_2600 Posts: 1,104 Officer
    Great catch! Regulations are in place- so as long as we follow them,we should be okay.
  • urbanRenewalurbanRenewal Posts: 395 Officer
    Nice YTs, happy people, good day on the water.
    Tom
    Capt. Tom Urban, "urbanRenewal", Cudjoe Key, FL www.LooeKeyReefAdventures.com