Gause for the Keys ?

Selling the Intrepid and probably buying a Gause to keep in Islamorada/Tavernier ...... Just curious how it would perform down there...

Appears to be the perfect fit,,, floats and runs in around a foot and can hunt mahi on perfect days.....

Thanks in advance

NNN :USA
Gause Built 26

Replies

• gruntkinggruntking Posts: 814 Officer
    If you can pick your days and you don't run down to the Fort much that would have to be about perfect, imo. What an efficient dolphin slayer that would be. Bridge, reef, bay, lobster. Awesome.
  • triplenettriplenet Posts: 747 Officer
    gruntking wrote: »
    If you can pick your days and you don't run down to the Fort much that would have to be about perfect, imo. What an efficient dolphin slayer that would be. Bridge, reef, bay, lobster. Awesome.

Thanks..... We can pick our days - and would run to Fort maybe once or twice a year if the 3 day forecast was "perfect".... but most of time she would be as you described....

Now the hard part... finding a slightly used one without paying an arm and a leg ..... :rolleyes
    Gause Built 26
  • gruntkinggruntking Posts: 814 Officer
    triplenet wrote: »
    Thanks..... We can pick our days - and would run to Fort maybe once or twice a year if the 3 day forecast was "perfect".... but most of time she would be as you described....

Now the hard part... finding a slightly used one without paying an arm and a leg ..... :rolleyes

Of course you have the perfect keys boat already lol. Love me some Intrepids.:cool:
  • JimmytalkJimmytalk Posts: 587 Officer

Expect 90's to low 100k if used and sold by the factory. Freakin sweet boats btw.
    Of course you have the perfect keys boat already lol. Love me some Intrepids.:cool:

Thanks.... We run to Islamorada 3 or 4 times a year..... Its a great boat - but I have finally realized that I prefer smaller boats and being out in the elements ..
    Jimmytalk wrote: »
    Expect 90's to low 100k if used and sold by the factory. Freakin sweet boats btw.

Thats about right .... Would prefer something a bit newer - so figure 110k +/- ....

Thanks guys
    Gause Built 26
  • Laguna23Laguna23 Posts: 144 Deckhand
    My son-in-law is in the process of buying one now.
    They are probably the best all around boat for a person who wants to fish inshore, near shore and the occasional offshore trip.
    I think it would be an ideal Keys boat.
  • INTREPID377INTREPID377 Posts: 3,737 Captain

I have to agree! LOL
    I have to agree! LOL

I saw you on tv the other morning..... :fishing

I will miss the Intrepid for sure....
    Gause Built 26
  • rungarrungar Posts: 13 Greenhorn
    Depending on how much money you want to spend I would tell you to take a look at the angler panga. I fished a 26 out here in Southern CA for 10 years and now have a home on Cudjoe so bought a 26 panga for the Keys. It is an amazing riding hull at a great price and having now fished the lower keys for over 5 years and do believe it is the best boat to fish both the gulf and ocean.

Don't get me wrong you can not charge at 30 kts when it is rough but you can get the boat on plane at 14 kts and keep it smooth. I am fishing blue-fin tuna right now out here in CA and have to make runs of 65 to 70 miles to get to the fish.

Good-luck with the hunting
  • limitlesslimitless Posts: 633 Officer
    Would the 23' work for the Keys. There's a 2005 recon on their site for $69k I want to look at.

The Snook & Gamefish Foundation is now the Angler Action Program: http://angleractionfoundation.com/  Dedicated to Conservation and Education.  Please check us out.

Angler Action Program: IAngler app trip log on your phone

rungar wrote: »
    Depending on how much money you want to spend I would tell you to take a look at the angler panga. I fished a 26 out here in Southern CA for 10 years and now have a home on Cudjoe so bought a 26 panga for the Keys. It is an amazing riding hull at a great price and having now fished the lower keys for over 5 years and do believe it is the best boat to fish both the gulf and ocean.

Don't get me wrong you can not charge at 30 kts when it is rough but you can get the boat on plane at 14 kts and keep it smooth. I am fishing blue-fin tuna right now out here in CA and have to make runs of 65 to 70 miles to get to the fish.

Good-luck with the hunting

Thanks - I appreciate it.... But the Gause or possible Sheaffer would be the only 2 with the build quality I am looking for.... Cheers.
    Gause Built 26
    limitless wrote: »
    Would the 23' work for the Keys. There's a 2005 recon on their site for $69k I want to look at.

Not sure.... but I think the 26 is the flagship so to speak - and that would be best.... Will check it out now .... Thanks
    Gause Built 26
  • ShallowExpectationsShallowExpectations Posts: 381 Deckhand
    You should look into the Barracuda Boatworks. Brand new starting at $90k. Same style high quality build but considerably less price.

http://www.barracudaboatworks.com/
  • INTREPID377INTREPID377 Posts: 3,737 Captain
    I saw you on tv the other morning..... :fishing

I will miss the Intrepid for sure....

Jeez! They're still airing that show? I shoulda of asked FS TV for royalties. LOL
  • Native FloridianNative Floridian Posts: 702 Officer
    Triplenet, see my post in boating.
    P8260478.jpgPB300094-1.jpg
    Triplenet, see my post in boating.

Well,,, I pulled the trigger and bringing her down in a week or so..... See you out there
    Gause Built 26
  • mikeloewmikeloew Posts: 339 Deckhand
    WOW that is a real beauty. very nice
    Marathon vacation home for rent

http://www.floridakeyshomeforrent.com/
  • Gary MGary M Posts: 13,188 AG
    Well,,, I pulled the trigger and bringing her down in a week or so.....

Which is when you'll post a LOT more photos of her right?
    mikeloew wrote: »
    WOW that is a real beauty. very nice

Thanks Mike.... Think she will fit in nicely in Islamorada
    Gary M wrote: »
    Well,,, I pulled the trigger and bringing her down in a week or so.....

Which is when you'll post a LOT more photos of her right?

Hope to go pick her up this week - will post em up asap ....
    Gause Built 26