Summerland Offshore 8/30/12

Headed out to see what there was to find. Dirty water past the reef, clearing to murky powder blue, then back to dirty, then back to powder blue which finally butted up against the Stream in 550 creating a beautiful color change with weed line.

Lines out on the color change and about 10 minutes later we lost a ~30in dolphin. Landed two more legal dolphin on a barrel in the weed line and caught a few short triple tail as well.

Headed back to reef and jigged up a few baby almacos on a wreck and called it a day after that.

Nice and simple and a great day to get back out on the water.

Replies

• mtbrider85mtbrider85 Posts: 337 Deckhand
    Sounds like a good day! I was hoping someone would go out and give us all a post-storm report for the lower keys.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Got TA GoGot TA Go Posts: 2,608 Captain
    Great report! :beer

I just got back to town and was wondering what it was looking like out there. :)

Rob
    www.gottagofishinginkeywest.com

Hero's Don't Wear Capes....They Wear Dog Tags.
  • urbanRenewalurbanRenewal Posts: 395 Officer
    Thanks for the report. I had the boat out for Isaac, took the opportunity to do some routine maint. and was debating putting it back in. But, the next few days look stellar so in it goes!

Wondered where you went Rob. Here (and Facebook) was awful quiet last week :grin
    Capt. Tom Urban, "urbanRenewal", Cudjoe Key, FL www.LooeKeyReefAdventures.com
  • INTREPID377INTREPID377 Posts: 3,730 Captain
    Nice to know there are some fish around. We'll be out tomorrow. We'll be looking for dolphin but, with the moon just pas full, I'm HOPING for something a bit bluer.