Labor day wknd Take us out..Snorkeling,fishing,swording??

Hey everyone,

my girlfriend and i are heading down to islamorada for labor day weekend arriving early Saturday morning, we are bringing our beach cruisers paddle board and kayak so we can get out on the water some how. i do a lot of fishing of of boynton beach and would love to get out on a boat to have some fun weather its snorkeling for lobsters/spearfishing, fishing the reef, trolling offshore or if anybody's up for it i have a bad a$$ electric real with all the gear and bait to go sword fishing!!? if anybody has extra room or want to take us out for a fun day out on the water sent me a pm or give me a call thanks looking forward to a great weekend no matter what we get into. i dont mind sharing expenses cleaning the boat/catch and have all my own gear just let me know what u want me to bring
jack.jpg
birthdaywahoo1.jpg

thanks in advance
Mike Schmitt
(561)441-4713

Replies

• schmittyfish561schmittyfish561 Posts: 118 Officer
    nobody's going out this weekend.. willing to take a fun couple out?? i don't mind driving to meet up or throwing in for gas! bringing a cooler full of goodies
  • SaltydawgSaltydawg Posts: 1,286 Officer
    No offense but one is going to play guide to you and our GF. Maybe you shuld have charted a boat.
    Saltydawg wrote: »
    No offense but one is going to play guide to you and our GF. Maybe you shuld have charted a boat.

no offense taken.. i wasn't looking to charter a boat or anyone to play guide if anything i would be guiding your boat! there use to be a section called "Need A Crew / Want To Fish" and those were the people i was reaching out to, some people don't know anything or very little about boating/fishing but like to do those things. i meet a lot of boat owners that ether don't have friends that know how to fish or are tired of going out spending tons of money and not catching anything. i couldn't tell you how many times Ive been invited out on some ones boat and i didn't here "that's the biggest fish my boats ever caught" LOL its a lot of work packing the boat up for the day and some times its nice to have an extra hand on the boat that knows what there doing, when i go fishing on my boat with my gf i like to bring another couple so i can concentrate on fishing while the girls were entertaining themselves and i have help rigging, anchoring etc.

i seen a lot of boats this weekend that wish they had a hot chick on board and a cooler full of fish!
  • EskimoEskimo Posts: 18 Greenhorn
    Hey everyone,

my girlfriend and i are hitch-hiking down to islamorada for labor day weekend arriving early Saturday morning, we are bringing nothing with us so we need you to get us out on the water some how. i do a lot of drinking on boynton beach and would love to get out on a boat to have some fun drinking your booze and puking in your boat. if anybody has extra room or want to take us out for a fun day out on the water sent me a pm or give me a call thanks looking forward to a great weekend no matter what we get into. i should tell you my girlfriend likes to go topless when she gets out on the water. if you are lucky, she will lose the bottoms too. i never use capital letters when I type.

thanks in advance
    Mohammad Washington
    (555)555-4312
  • Pate55Pate55 Posts: 122 Deckhand
    Eskimo wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

my girlfriend and i are hitch-hiking down to islamorada for labor day weekend arriving early Saturday morning, we are bringing nothing with us so we need you to get us out on the water some how. i do a lot of drinking on boynton beach and would love to get out on a boat to have some fun drinking your booze and puking in your boat. if anybody has extra room or want to take us out for a fun day out on the water sent me a pm or give me a call thanks looking forward to a great weekend no matter what we get into. i should tell you my girlfriend likes to go topless when she gets out on the water. if you are lucky, she will lose the bottoms too. i never use capital letters when I type.

thanks in advance
    Mohammad Washington
    (555)555-4312

Now Thats Funny!!
    Eskimo wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

thanks in advance
    Mohammad Washington
    (555)555-4312

Bahahahah Eskimo your Fcking Hilarius!!! Nice 11Th post maybe one day you'll catch a fish and post a fishing report... instead of posting comments some where u don't belong! if you read my post no where does it say i wanted a free ride,or to use anyone's gear or drink anybody's booze!
    "i don't mind sharing expenses cleaning the boat/catch and have all my own gear just let me know what u want me to bring" i guess you didn't read my hole post no ones looking for a free ride... you were probable that lonely guy on the sand bar i saw wishing you had a hot chick and some friends to hang out with. GET A LIFE OR GET OFF THE FORUM!! I cant wait to laugh at your next report if u ever post one!! KOOK
    Pate55 wrote: »
    Now Thats Funny!!
    i don't think that's funny at all! you wonder why no one post on the forum anymore.. it was a simple post all i was asking if anybody WANT TO FISH/NEED A CREW remember that section?? if you don't well its a section for people to post where they either are looking for a crew or need a crew!! i don't live in they keys and my boat wasen't ready to take down there.. so i was reaching out to anybody that might be interested in one of the two, not dumb a$$'s with smart a$$ remarks! so keep your comments to you stupid friends on fb
  • SaltydawgSaltydawg Posts: 1,286 Officer
    i don't think that's funny at all! you wonder why no one post on the forum anymore.. it was a simple post all i was asking if anybody WANT TO FISH/NEED A CREW remember that section?? if you don't well its a section for people to post where they either are looking for a crew or need a crew!! i don't live in they keys and my boat wasen't ready to take down there.. so i was reaching out to anybody that might be interested in one of the two, not dumb a$$'s with smart a$$ remarks! so keep your comments to you stupid friends on fb
    Lighten up that was funny.
  • INTREPID377INTREPID377 Posts: 3,730 Captain
    schmitty, you sound like a lot of fun to have around.
  • lwrenlwren Posts: 142 Officer
    Be nice to the young man, he was only using this forum to try and secure a days fishing. Even though the price of fuel went up just in time for the holiday you can't blame someone for trying. He has a nice picture of a jack along with his kite reel above, and didn't want to charter a boat and has all of his own gear. One little legal point, sharing the costs does make the trip a charter in the eyes of the USCG.

The second post was amusing but I could see how it would offend somebody. We used to have a section about need a crew but it was deleted by the Florida Sportsman.
    Here is my boats catch from the 3rd of September.
    Thanks Larry
    First Choice Islamorada Fishing Charters
    305-360-4900
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    thanks lwren, solid day! I passed by your slip a couple times.. i'll make sure to stop by next time im down and say hi.
  • EskimoEskimo Posts: 18 Greenhorn
    uh-oh lwren, hide your booze!

On the bright side, if you can put up with his irascible, combative atitude you can bask in the vicarious glory of being seen in the same boat as his beautiful girlfriend.

Lighten up Francis, I was only kidding.
  • lwrenlwren Posts: 142 Officer
    I can put up with most anything from a PAYING customer! Thats why tuna towers were invented.
    Thanks Larry
    First Choice Islamorada Fishing Charters
    305-360-4900
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aboveboredabovebored Posts: 1,241 Officer
    Yeah, I'll take your girl swordfishin' ! And your cooler full of "goodies", then we'll meet up with you later at the sandbar...sure. Otherwise get a charter cheap skate.
  • Jack HexterJack Hexter New Port RicheyPosts: 4,378 Moderator
    lwren wrote: »
    One little legal point, sharing the costs does make the trip a charter in the eyes of the USCG.

Larry I beg to differ on this point.

On December 20, 1993 the President signed the Passenger Vessel Safety Act of 1993 (public law 103-206), changing the legal requirements for passenger and charter operations. The act establishes for the first time the definition of passenger for hire and requires many vessels operating under bareboat charter to be inspected by the Coast Guard as commercial passenger vessels. The law also changes the inspection requirements for certain vessels over 100 gross tons.
    The new law has relaxed the prior strict treatment of situations were a guest provided food or chipped in for expenses. Previous law treated such such guests as passengers, requiring operator licenses and possibly vessel inspection.
    Under the new law a passenger for hire is is a passenger for whom consideration is contributed as a condition of carriage on the vessel, whether directly or indirectly flowing to the owner, charterer, agent or any other persons having an interest in the vessel.
    Consideration is an economic benefit, inducement, right or profit including pecuniary payment accruing to an individual, person, or entity, but not including a voluntary sharing of the actual expenses of the voyage by monetary contribution or donation of fuel, food, beverage or other supplies
    abovebored wrote: »
    Yeah, I'll take your girl swordfishin' ! And your cooler full of "goodies", then we'll meet up with you later at the sandbar...sure. Otherwise get a charter cheap skate.

It has nothing to do with being cheap! It was a last min trip we planned,original plan was Lucaya for the weekend.. Usually we come down with friends either someone has a boat or we rent one. I normally don't do charters unless I know the mate or captain, I like to do the riggin, setting lines, Gaffing the fish etc and if the crew doesent know your skill your just going to ride and a reel.

Obovebored: you want to borrow my girlfriend to go swordfishing??
    Why don't you just get a hooker cheap skate!
  • Go MongoGo Mongo Posts: 2,107 Captain
    “Every day is a new day. It is better to be lucky. But I would rather be exact. Then when luck comes you are ready.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway, The Old Man and the Sea
  • HightopHightop Posts: 10 Greenhorn
    Pretty hilarious. Sometimes it's good to laugh at yourself a little.
  • Bill WelderBill Welder Posts: 90 Greenhorn
    I thought it was pretty funny but I have a thick skin and think most everything is funny. Got to be able to laugh sometimes.
    www.CaptainBill.net
    Island Charters
    "Key West...Where the weird turn pro"
  • Thread-MinatorThread-Minator Posts: 223 Officer
    3825329_112cf3e5d662f1b2f271762ca4f18434.gif
    itsallreallyhappeningp1.gif
  • Pate55Pate55 Posts: 122 Deckhand
    Why do i keep coming back to this thread??? the chick in the first pic looks pretty hot.....Just Being Honest :banana:
  • DoozeDooze Posts: 233 Officer
    If I was down there I would've taken you guys out. Can you post more pics of your girlfriend?
    You guys are to funny:rotflmao here is a couple for your wishful thinking...
    vernantiff.jpg
    vernbow.jpg
    vern.jpg
    vernweedline.jpg
    firstmate.jpg
    and a couple more for your viewing pleasure...
    P7110612.jpg
    P7110610.jpg P8010404.jpg
    P8010409.jpg
  • TavernierGuyTavernierGuy Posts: 917 Officer
    This thread is going to get crazy after those picture hit board. You may want to consider looking for a split charter next time your down. The Post Card Inn and Robbies Marina offer very resonable rates.
    Atta boy
    That is one nice.....boat!
    Well Done Mike ! Great Spirit and photos.

Way to stand up for yourself ! :cool

The stuff a recreational angler has to take just trying to hook up with sum new fishing budz. Though I gotta agree Mike not many real fisherman are going to want to take a guy and his girl out on the very first time they fish. Probably not anyone you would really want to go out fishing with and would it be worth the risk you are putting yourself and your girl in ?
    Best of Luck and hit me up with a PM if ever in town again.

TM
  • GT FishGT Fish Posts: 9,448 Officer
    Well Done Mike ! Great Spirit and photos.

Way to stand up for yourself ! :cool

The stuff a recreational angler has to take just trying to hook up with sum new fishing budz. Though I gotta agree Mike not many real fisherman are going to want to take a guy and his girl out on the very first time they fish. Probably not anyone you would really want to go out fishing with and would it be worth the risk you are putting yourself and your girl in ?
    Best of Luck and hit me up with a PM if ever in town again.

TM
    Well said Lone Drifter.
    mousey.gif
    61903c544aca27b57fb2aa29e6bc4a3b.gif
    gnat.gifWzz6I.gif
    GT Fish wrote: »
    Well said Lone Drifter.

Originally Posted by GT Fish
    Democrats love muslims and subservient behavior!
    Originally Posted by GT Fish
    What about Lone Drifter? They are the same person Griz..
    *Originally Posted by Joey Buttons *
    Snitch
    Originally Posted by Joey Buttons
    Man. A lot of snitching going on in this thread. You would think this was the Women's Day forum

You're accusations were disproved and since we both know you and others do not permit alias's on Forum I could not possibly be one correct ? Back to the OT Troll !

Even Better ! :dance