what will they loot first in New orleans

Replies

• SloughSlough S.w. Ga./ St. JamesPosts: 4,618 Captain
    beer of course
    I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you
  • BigfootBigfoot Posts: 9,383 Admiral
    They have some Pro's
    Sometimes the nicest people you meet are covered in tattoos & sometimes the most judgmental people you meet go to church on Sundays...
  • 76carman76carman Posts: 261 Deckhand
    The infamous picture of the brother with the gold grille, pushing a stolen case of beer, comes to mind
  • flatsbroke22flatsbroke22 Posts: 405 Deckhand
    heard they allready looted one of the marina's down there. :machinegun
    2002 Pathfinder 2200v 200 Vmax HPDI
    2006 Hobie Outfitter Tandem
  • illinoisfishermanillinoisfisherman Posts: 5,173 Admiral
    Weather Channel just talked about the police having been put on 24 hour a day duty "until the event is over". No one goes home or off the clock! What a way to live.
  • aboveboredabovebored Posts: 1,237 Officer
    After Andrew, 20 yrs ago, I saw whole families pushing shopping carts stuffed with new merchandise down us1 near the cutler ridge mall. I'll never forget the big smiles on their faces. I also found a big pile of many hudreds of scratched off lottery tickets around the corner from 7/11.
  • BIG BOAT 22BIG BOAT 22 Posts: 466 Officer
    76carman wrote: »
    The infamous picture of the brother with the gold grille, pushing a stolen case of beer, comes to mind

that brother had some goods!
  • IdlewildeIdlewilde Posts: 1,357 Officer
    Weather Channel just talked about the police having been put on 24 hour a day duty "until the event is over". No one goes home or off the clock! What a way to live.

During Katrina most of the NO police deserted and ran. It'll be interesting to see what they do during this little storm.
  • wishfishinwishfishin Posts: 4,080 Captain
    I'll be politically incorrect here and offer that all looters should be shot on sight.
    1268964408215_zps1ab1a85e.gif
  • SAENoleSAENole Posts: 10,285 AG
    Don't forget the video of a couple of NOPD's finest inside a Walmart doing some looting themselves.
    Warning Level 2
  • MulletMullet Posts: 2,307 Moderator
    akcs-www%3Fget_gallery%3D334
  • skyway andeskyway ande Posts: 3,168 Captain
    That was before "Yes, We Can!"
    Before "Yes, We Did!"

Y'all are meanies!
    God, save the South!
    Mullet wrote: »
    akcs-www%3Fget_gallery%3D334
    nice mullet
  • OldgoldandwhiteOldgoldandwhite Posts: 251 Deckhand
    nice mullet

Nice Cooler! Is that a Yeti or Engle?
    yeti promo model!
  • alligatoroballigatorob Posts: 197 Officer
    what will they loot first in New orleans
    Our pockets, yours and mine. To pay for new levees around places that never should have been developed in the first place and to pay for repairs and rebuilding of houses that would never have met the Florida codes. I saw one guy who's house was destroyed by Katrina, he rebuilt and his house is gone again. In Florida when he rebuilt he would have had to elevate, but not in Louisiana, if he had elevated Isaac would have done his house no harm. In Louisiana levees mostly built with federal, not local dollars are assumed to hold and so building codes allow construction on the ground, some places even below sea level. Then FEMA provides flood insurance for those homes at rates that do not reflect the real risk and when they have to pay off, its our money. And then the Corps of Engineers will spend more of our money on bigger levees that are doomed to fail. The cost of all this is a whole lot more than a few TVs carried off in NO, and it comes from our pockets.