Towing memberships

Hello everyone.

I am rather new here and for my first post I have a quick question. What towing membership is most popular/helpful for our area?

I have been reading the BoatUS website as well as the SeaTow website. I'm not as interested in finding the cheapest option as I realize if the cheapest company leaves me and the family stranded on a new boat I will really regret it.

What experiences have you guys had and what do you recommend for the Fort Lauderdale and Miami area?

Replies

• Al BundyAl Bundy Posts: 247 Deckhand
    I go out of PE and started with Sea Tow but switched after a year of seeing Boat US boats on the water just about every time I went out. I was amazed at how few times I actually saw a Sea tow boat in the inlet ready to help. I switched on a matter of principle, I appreciated Boat US' effort.
  • MoganSlayaMoganSlaya Posts: 131 Officer
    Boat US all the way.....Avoid Sea Tow like the plague! I'm sure enough of the horror stories can still be googled about Sea Tow, and anybody thats dealt with them probably has one.

Assembly Solutions LLC
    "solving ALL your assembly needs"
    Put down the instructions....and call for a qoute!
    305-815-3886
  • wellcraftwellcraft Posts: 1,333 Officer
    Been with seatow for over 10years and never had an issue at all.
    paypallogo.png
    Vertical jigs, Trolling lures, and more! Click the logo!

All V-Series High Speed Wahoo Lures
    http://victorylures.com/trolling-lures/v-series.html

Face Book Page for Victory Lures
    http://www.facebook.com/VictoryLures

Visit My Blog
    www.averticalthought.com
  • copout@castaways[email protected] Posts: 5,779 Admiral
    Boat US & Downrite Marine Services out of PE
  • dpdashdpdash Posts: 5,359 Admiral
    Both companies are franchises and it depends on the individual franchisee in your area. In PE, there is no choice, BoatUS is the best by far, not even close. I have used them a few times with excellent results, LOTS of bad stories about this particular Seatow franchisee
  • fasted1500fasted1500 Posts: 96 Greenhorn
    Al Bundy wrote: »
    I go out of PE and started with Sea Tow but switched after a year of seeing Boat US boats on the water just about every time I went out. I was amazed at how few times I actually saw a Sea tow boat in the inlet ready to help. I switched on a matter of principle, I appreciated Boat US' effort.

I felt the same way and switched to Boat US.. I ve seen Boat US respond to emergency calls faster than the police and coast guard... Boat US all the way.