New Hobie's

jvanpeltjvanpelt Posts: 411 Deckhand
So I've finally decided to disban my fleet of Native's and fish for the Hobie team. Best decision I've ever made. Here is a photo of my new team kayak. The new Hobie PA 12. I'll also be paddling a Revo 13 from time to time.

192390_340972759323144_1393695288_o.jpg
337784_340972812656472_2026449394_o.jpg
:USA:fishing

Replies

• fishingkid315fishingkid315 Posts: 1,952 Captain
    Sick! How do you like the 12 instead of a bigger 14.5 boat?
    Sarasota,Fl 
    Fishing, Photography, Life
  • jvanpeltjvanpelt Posts: 411 Deckhand
    I love the 12, it's much lighter, still has plenty of storage and is extremely maneuverable in the water.
  • Sam HSam H Posts: 279 Officer
    Beast of 'yak. looks good
  • summer dazesummer daze Posts: 883 Officer
    Very nice. 2 questions. how did you get orange. thought they only came in olive, yellow and dune? I just purchased the dune colored one and love it which brings me to my next question. I also purchased a dolly to transport it to & from the water but getting the dolly back in once i get back to shore is a pain the butt. I had to roll it on it's side to put it in, which meant i had to unload the yak then load it back up!! Do u have or know of a better way to do it when yaking solo?
    jgocnk.jpg
    Tight Lines..
  • linhlinh Posts: 327 Officer
    The first picture looks like it was photoshopped a bit reason for color changing. The second picture is yellow.
  • Redneck RocketRedneck Rocket Posts: 88 Deckhand
    I have a PA 12, and after I've beached and stretched my legs for a few minutes, I usually pull the yak back into the water, and put the wheels in underwater, then pull it out. Keeps the sand off the hull and therefore off of my car!!!! Since I usually rinse the wheels etc. more or less straight away, and they have been on the yak getting salty I don't see too much issue with it.
  • jvanpeltjvanpelt Posts: 411 Deckhand
    Yes the first photo is a bit photo shopped. My yak is the ordinary yellow color. I do the same as Redneck Rocket. I bring my kayak back into the water a bit and slip the dolly into the scuppers. With such a heavy kayak its the easiest way.