10K Islands Inshore fishing

Fished today with a gent from Clewiston area out of POI. I again originally wanted to head out, but its just not to be right now for my boat with the current weather patterns. So we focused all our attention inshore. Again the redfish are plentiful and very willing to please. Caught around 10 with the average size of about 22", the largest being a fat 27" fish. Several nice trout, and some very small snook added to the mix. Lots of mangos, with a few slot fish pulled off the oyster bars. A few more gags, goliaths. Tried for tarpon but couldnt connect, did get a nice bull shark though out of that effort. Another great day on the water. Looks like I am off the water tomorrow, then back again Saturday for a day of myself fishing. Can't wait.
A few pics of some of the reds. Once it started raining, the camera got put away.
006-5.jpg
008-6.jpg
013-2.jpg
023-7.jpg
One of the Gags. These came from inshore in about 6' of 89 degree water.
012-2.jpg
He stayed busy. Tower view
009-3.jpg
Several baby snook. Couldnt find any nicer ones today. But its great to see these small ones around.
007-6.jpg
And then came the storms. He fished thru several, then when I saw a hole to get in, we called it a day. He left happy with a nice bag of fillets.
020-6.jpg
http://hopefishing.comFishing the Florida Everglades National Park with Hope Fishing Adventures.

Replies

• Cat173Cat173 Posts: 106 Officer
    It was fun following your "boat build"....Glad to see you out catching fish in her!!!:thumbsup
  • Joe SnookJoe Snook Posts: 460 Deckhand
    Whats up bro. we see each other alot at the dock. you pass by looking like your wondering what im doing with my guests on your way out. We are catching tarpon. Jumped 4 with one landed today. Already had a hook up by the time you passed this morning. Goin out tmrw off sat and back at it on sun. Theyre not huge fis h 20 - 30 lb. range but a blast on the redfish rods.
    southwest florida fishing guide in the beautiful 10k islands, everglades and more www.Joesnook.com
  • blewitupsirblewitupsir Posts: 774 Officer
    Joe Snook wrote: »
    Whats up bro. we see each other alot at the dock. you pass by looking like your wondering what im doing with my guests on your way out. We are catching tarpon. Jumped 4 with one landed today. Already had a hook up by the time you passed this morning. Goin out tmrw off sat and back at it on sun. Theyre not huge fis h 20 - 30 lb. range but a blast on the redfish rods.

Brother you do stay busy. I mostly run out of Everglades City, but sometime will take off from POI. Seems like every time that I am heading that way a car load of your people pull up asking where to find you. The marina there is full of great fishing, and that plus the canal has saved me several times in the past when it was just to bad to go far. My biggest snook came from down by the curves in the channel. The past few mornings, I have seen all the tarpon rolling, and was just trying to stay out of your way. I am fishing saturday by myself I think, so I will probably hit it as I take off. And I just natrually have a confused look, I find that it lowers expectations. Good luck and be careful out there Sunday, might get a bit nautical.
    http://hopefishing.comFishing the Florida Everglades National Park with Hope Fishing Adventures.
    LOL, your very fortunate Im so handsome and reliable looking I have to run aground on sandbars on the way out in the morning to manage everyones expectations.
    southwest florida fishing guide in the beautiful 10k islands, everglades and more www.Joesnook.com
    Joe Snook wrote: »
    LOL, your very fortunate Im so handsome and reliable looking I have to run aground on sandbars on the way out in the morning to manage everyones expectations.

LOL, At least you have someone else to get out and push your boat back off the bar. Probably see you back out there later this week if your running. My wife and I may go fishing on Sunday or Monday just to goof off.
    Heck yes pushing the boat is all part of the full experience. Ill be out sunday and monday terifying the masses. See you at the dock bro.
  • IndianoutlawIndianoutlaw Posts: 550 Officer
    I could put some funny captions on several of those pictures...... :wink

Thanks for the report!
    P1000022_2.jpg
  • MoganMaxMoganMax Posts: 139 Officer
    Awesome report! glad to see your new baby treating you well:)
    I could put some funny captions on several of those pictures...... :wink

Thanks for the report!

I am not much of a cameraman. lol post away.
    MoganMax wrote: »
    Awesome report! glad to see your new baby treating you well:)

Thanks brother. I am loving the new boat. Give me a shout sometime and come check her out.