8/20-8/22 Marithon report

8/20 we ended the day with about 40 bugs, but no fish. Worked some clear water for a change, so bugs were a little more scarce.
[IMG][/img]100_1720.jpg

8/21 we went back to the mirk, so we had our 8 man limit of bugs and one good grouper by 3PM
[IMG][/img]100_1728.jpg
[IMG][/img]100_1738.jpg

Decided to do some fishing on 8/22, so we got to see the Keys Sunrise
[IMG][/img]100_1743.jpg

Ended the day with 30 pretty good Mangrove Snapper & 2 good Trout, along with 19 more bugs.

Just waiting on the storm now:willynilly
In my many years, I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame,two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.-- John Adams

Replies

• Split ShotSplit Shot Posts: 6,146 Admiral
    Are you staying through it?

Sounds like your having a blast!
  • KlingerKlinger Posts: 1,726 Captain
    Split Shot wrote: »
    Are you staying through it?

Sounds like your having a blast!

As far as I can tell, this is going to be a tropical storm at best, and the center will be west of Key West, so it shouldn't be that bad here in Marathon. Panhandler & his bride had dinner with us last night, & I think they were going on to Key West from here. We told him when he was tired of Key Wierd & the weather, they could come hang with us and catch a few bugs & fish:grin
    In my many years, I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame,two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.-- John Adams
  • TrollaltdeleteTrollaltdelete Posts: 660 Officer
    We were coming down this weekend, but I decided to take the boat out and skip it. Looks like I made the wrong decision.

Nice bugs in that cooler, especially that top one!
    Take out your boat, make a memory!
  • Panhandler80Panhandler80 Posts: 7,984 Moderator
    My best guess is that you guys got lucky on those trips; after all, ever dog has his day. Do it consistently and then we'll be impressed!
    "Whatcha doin' in my waters?"