4th Annual Flamingo to Islamorada Weekend Trip - 2012

12346»

Replies

• iMacattackiMacattack Posts: 23 Greenhorn
    Just a few pix from this years Flamingo to Islamorada run.

Lorelei Cabana Bar And Restaurant
    208079_3394851964921_265031190_n.jpg

Big D with his Red fish.
    IMG_1138.jpg

Panorama shot. Not one of the best, hard to shoot while the boat was rolling.
    IMG_1148.jpg

D's Snook,
    IMG_1151.jpg

Flamingo meet up.
    IMG_1153.jpg

Lunch at Lorelei Cabana Bar And Restaurant.
    IMG_1155.jpg

Chilling out at the sand bar.
    IMG_1156.jpg

When 8% fuel left does not equal 8% left!* :D
    Forum member tortuga (Robert - Bohemian Boatworks) towed D and I back to La Jolla.
    IMG_1157.jpg
  • copout@castaways[email protected] Posts: 5,779 Admiral
    WOW,,, What a blast! Can't wait till next year. It was a pleasure meeting everyone & getting in a little adult time! Wish we could have stayed longer....
  • bermudabermuda Posts: 102 Deckhand
    Great pix Jan - looks like it was a great time - Big D caught some nice fish - he's an awesome fisherman!!!! can't wait for next year - maybe we can get some interest for a run in the spring.....
  • Spear ThrowerSpear Thrower Posts: 14 Greenhorn
    THE OUTLAW wrote: »
    I am HAMMERED.

Havin a great time.

Watch out fer da sea urchins.

Hope dat dude is OK! :-(

IMG_1156-1.jpg

5DE32C49-CC73-458F-9297-73D6B943A7B3-8566-00000A99FEE67EF0.jpg

I'll try and post some of the photos and video from the run over and back tonight.
  • DaziggDazigg Posts: 206 Officer
    Just got home, cracked a cold one and cleaned up the boat. Great time meeting new folks and seeing old friends. Can't wait to do it again.
  • FlatsBoyFlatsBoy Posts: 1,364 Officer
    Great times with great people. Had a blast can't wait till next year!
    Didn't get to many pictures.Was having to much fun!

Flamingo2.jpg
    CannonballRun.jpg
    20121005_171420.jpg
  • locoloco Posts: 1,294 Officer
    Heck I think I managed to get some sea urchin spins too... may 5-8 in the liver... will post some pictures later.
    Sorry if this video is no good, it was taken from an iPhone. But here's Capt. Loco running the flats, boat looks nice Reed!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yEf2fKqH5E&feature=youtube_gdata_player
  • TGunnTGunn Posts: 1,860 Captain
    Thanks to everyone who came this year, it's always a great crew.

And just so everyone knows
    Dazigg and I got rained on during our trip back from Islamorada to Flamingo today, so all is right in the world again!
    TGunn wrote: »

Dazigg and I got rained on during our trip back from Islamorada to Flamingo today, so all is right in the world again!

Yup! The tradition continues. Had to have a little rain on the run. The extra night makes a big diffrence on the trip, I highly recommend it.
  • THE OUTLAWTHE OUTLAW Posts: 77 Deckhand
    Im in on da 2 nighter next year.

Just got dun cleanin all the feesh.

Thanks Tommy

Good times
    By the way, Chesapeake has the best dockage in the Keys. Multilple floating docks in a protected lagoon.

wTxbN.jpg
    uhQBN.jpg
  • EggsuckindogEggsuckindog Posts: 1,528 Officer
    TGunn wrote: »

freashwater washdown, was prolly needed anyway
    1976 SeaCraft master Angler - Merc 200 XRi
    dscf1243-1.jpg
  • buttapollock1010buttapollock1010 Posts: 54 Deckhand
    Nice meeting you guys! F##king sea urchins!!!!! My big toe is doing good so far! Mike I hope you make a speedy recovery! Congrats Tommy!!! I wish you and your future husband the best!
    Nice meeting you guys! F##king sea urchins!!!!! My big toe is doing good so far! Mike I hope you make a speedy recovery! Congrats Tommy!!! I wish you and your future husband the best!

At least I don't have to give BJs anymore!
  • locoloco Posts: 1,294 Officer
    The ride back Saturday Morning...

View from the slowest boat.

IMG_0182.jpg

Dropin' fools like a bad habit.... or they slowed down

IMG_0184.jpg

Closest I ever got to Tommy's boat.. he is too ***** to race...

IMG_0191.jpg

Running the last channel to flamingo

IMG_0196.jpg
  • Spear ThrowerSpear Thrower Posts: 14 Greenhorn
    [video=youtube_share;euwsX9PpfpY]
    DSC_0837.jpg
    DSC_0797.jpg
    DSC_0784.jpg
    DSC_0761.jpg
    DSC_0690.jpg
    DSC_0685.jpg
  • OldHewes18RedOldHewes18Red Posts: 308 Deckhand
    THE OUTLAW wrote: »
    Im in on da 2 nighter next year.

Just got dun cleanin all the feesh.

Thanks Tommy

Good times

Good seeing you Ralphy.... But **** man those Bourbon shots on the Hewes threw me for a loop... I wasn't right for the rest of the night!!
  • copout@castaways[email protected] Posts: 5,779 Admiral
    Great pics & video! I think we may do the two nighter next year as well.

Congrats again Tgunn!
  • Native FloridianNative Floridian Posts: 702 Officer
    Thanks again to everyone, it was great running and drinking with you!
    Awesome pictures and video too, thanks for taking the time to share.
    P8260478.jpgPB300094-1.jpg
  • THE OUTLAWTHE OUTLAW Posts: 77 Deckhand
    Your welcome Jason

MY MOTOR STARTS

LMFAO

What happened to urchin boy?
  • Rein JaaksonRein Jaakson Posts: 20 Greenhorn
    Just wanted to say thanks for all of the hospitality and the open invite... that was a fun run.. I will now duplicate with friends and family. I ran back solo on Sunday and the weather was great. I parked under the wrong tree at Flamingo it took me longer to clean the bird s*** off of my windshield and hood than it did to clean the boat.
    Just wanted to say thanks for all of the hospitality and the open invite... that was a fun run.. I will now duplicate with friends and family. I ran back solo on Sunday and the weather was great. I parked under the wrong tree at Flamingo it took me longer to clean the bird s*** off of my windshield and hood than it did to clean the boat.

Rein,

Saw you going by in opposite direction on Sunday; we were between the End Keys and Dump Keys eastbound and you were coming back. We ran back on Sunday with Ryan (yellow SeaCraft), John (Gause) and Reed (Key West) through Man O War and Murray-Clive Channel, then completed "the loop" the same way we ran over to get back to Islamorada on my boat.

Talked to Brian Currie yesterday and he says you guys used to hit Chokoloskee "before kids and castnets" in a jon boat. He posts in the 10k Islands Section as Big Daddy Huge if you want to shoot him a PM. Good meeting you and thanks for making it.
  • mikegmikeg Posts: 39 Greenhorn
    loco wrote: »
    She know you call her that?

The grizzly was the big fella on the front of the boat:) We had a great time as well!! Not sure if anyone made it to Woody's this year? Heading back down Thursday for a bachelor party, so I'll say hi to all the pretty "scabby" ladies. Congrats to Tommy and his much better half:)
  • Rein JaaksonRein Jaakson Posts: 20 Greenhorn
    Yeah simpler times when Brian and I fished together " wow no kids " my kids are 18 and 19 years old now. How time flies. LIVE IT UP , fast forward to present day better boats and better equipment 2 kids in college more cost!!, but that will never stop me from fishing!!. I will share a story with u about that jon boat this weekend weather permitting at the 10 K Showdown meeting Friday.