4th Annual Flamingo to Islamorada Weekend Trip - 2012

Replies

• OldHewes18RedOldHewes18Red Posts: 308 Deckhand
    weather will be splendid!

Tommy, add Dave to the list of boats heading over.
  • INTREPID377INTREPID377 Posts: 3,730 Captain
    Can we get a detailed agenda/schedule (I know Tgunn has one) of shore side activities in Islamorada.
  • TGunnTGunn Posts: 1,844 Captain
    Can we get a detailed agenda/schedule (I know Tgunn has one) of shore side activities in Islamorada.

No agenda on this trip, ****. We usually take a long lunch, then check in at the hotel. At that point the weather determines whether we go to the sandbar or drink at the dock.

Then dinner somewhere, then bars. Canes play Notre Dame at 7:30pm; I will need to be somewhere that serves alcoholic beverages where I can watch the game.
  • locoloco Posts: 1,294 Officer
    don't forget: Gators/LSU @ 3:30

If its nice out, might have to listen to Mic on the radio.
  • DaziggDazigg Posts: 206 Officer
    loco wrote: »
    don't forget: Gators/LSU @ 3:30

If its nice out, might have to listen to Mic on the radio.

Sounds nice, cold beers on the sandbar and listening to the game.
  • copout@castaways[email protected] Posts: 5,779 Admiral
    is it worth bringing the bbq grill?
  • Native FloridianNative Floridian Posts: 702 Officer
    In case there are new people on this trip, please remember to bring something to feed the skeeters at the boat ramp. Even though this is a National Park, skeeter feeding is encouraged...at least by me. I feed the ones who greet me upon my arrival DEET, they love it. Simply apply DEET to all exposed areas of your flesh. As you start to feel your lips turn numb put just a little more on and your all set.
    P8260478.jpgPB300094-1.jpg
  • TGunnTGunn Posts: 1,844 Captain
    In case there are new people on this trip, please remember to bring something to feed the skeeters at the boat ramp. Even though this is a National Park, skeeter feeding is encouraged...at least by me. I feed the ones who greet me upon my arrival DEET, they love it. Simply apply DEET to all exposed areas of your flesh. As you start to feel your lips turn numb put just a little more on and your all set.

John, I can't remember the last time it rained locally; I doubt there are any mosquitoes at all at Flamingo right now. . . .

RVyP9.gif
    Thats a good point. I'm sure they got some rain this week at least. Capt. Bob would know!
    3839_440657715976399_1700774465_n.jpg

I like to use a sacrificial anode strategy, trick Sue into getting out of the car, then lock the doors and start backing the boat down the ramp...
    I was going to light two of these & hang them from my ****. :willynilly:willynilly
  • corriccorric Posts: 148 Officer
    Lmao!
    3839_440657715976399_1700774465_n.jpg

I like to use a sacrificial anode strategy, trick Sue into getting out of the car, then lock the doors and start backing the boat down the ramp...

I'm telling her you said that. lol

Ryan, good plan. Tommy needs Gopro footage so make sure I get that.
  • snookingaroundsnookingaround Posts: 5 Greenhorn
    anyone leaving flamingo sunday morning and going back sunday eve.
  • FlatsBoyFlatsBoy Posts: 1,324 Officer
    Getting ready to roll out!
    Going down early to take advantage of some R&R!
    See you all in Flamingo on Saturday!
  • iMacattackiMacattack Posts: 19 Greenhorn
    Tommy, plot is in my GPS, thanks!

For anyone heading to Isla today, I'm running from La Jolla Saturday about 7:00 am to Mingo. I'm going to stop at a couple spots to fish with my son. I've had a couple on microskiff contact me about following me from La Jolla, wanted to extend the offer here too.

Cheers
  • CaptMellyBCaptMellyB Posts: 3 Greenhorn
    TGunn wrote: »
    Keeping with tradition of having the trip on the same weekend as the Columbus Day Regatta, this year's run from Flamingo to Islamorada is set for the weekend of 10/6.

Departure time from the Flamingo Marina channel is 12:30pm.

Many of us will stay over in Islamorada as in years past. Some of us will be watching the Gators get stomped by LSU Saturday night in Islamorada. Others who wish to run back before dark usually can follow someone familiar with the route.

This is a fun run and anyone who would like to have the GPS route can benefit from the trip.

I'll post the link to last year's thread in a bit.

Updated List of Who's In:

TGunn
    Matt (Blue SeaCraft)
    Dave T.
    Dazigg
    Native Floridian
    Loco
    Copout
    FlatsBoy
    ButtaPollack/Chad
    Jan (iMacattack)
    MikeG
    Will
    Rein Jaakson

From Microskiff Forum:
    Bermuda
    Matlacha Eric
    Tortuga
    Shipoke

Add CaptMellyB to the list boyz !! Fishing on the Dirty Bird with FlatsBoy !!
    Sea ya there !!!
  • bermudabermuda Posts: 99 Greenhorn
    I'm having motor issues so I'm going to have to cancel - boat out of commission until next week. Total Bummer - been looking forward to this for months.
    bermuda wrote: »
    I'm having motor issues so I'm going to have to cancel - boat out of commission until next week. Total Bummer - been looking forward to this for months.

Sorry to hear about the boat. That sucks, I know the feeling.
    I'm amazed at the amount of adult beverages I just loaded onto my boat!
    Dazigg wrote: »
    I'm amazed at the amount of adult beverages I just loaded onto my boat!

now you've got me questioning my cooler,,, might have to run to the store again in the am.
    now you've got me questioning my cooler,,, might have to run to the store again in the am.

Well, I am staying two nights, so I doubled up. A case for tomorrow and a case for Sunday. Who else is staying two nights? Imgonna use Sunday to take the wife snorkeling.
    Iced the cooler down a few hours ago, and it's sitting in the boat right now... If my neighborhood had any industrious, mischievous, teen types, their night would be epic!

And my morning would suck...
    Iced the cooler down a few hours ago, and it's sitting in the boat right now... If my neighborhood had any industrious, mischievous, teen types, their night would be epic!

And my morning would suck...

you still drinking that thepcial drink?
    I'm hitting the road at about 8, should be down there around 10:30. I'll be checking the thread along the way. Speak up if your having any trouble......and I'll do the same.
    are we there yet?
  • mikegmikeg Posts: 39 Greenhorn
    Heading south on the Pike with the grizzly:)
    mikeg wrote: »
    Heading south on the Pike with the grizzly:)
    She know you call her that?
  • bermudabermuda Posts: 99 Greenhorn
    Dazigg wrote: »
    Sorry to hear about the boat. That sucks, I know the feeling.

At least the weather looks great down there this year - did Tommy pick the wrong weekend lol - everyone have fun.
  • THE OUTLAWTHE OUTLAW Posts: 77 Deckhand
    I am HAMMERED.

Havin a great time.

Watch out fer da sea urchins.

Hope dat dude is OK! :-(