4th Annual Flamingo to Islamorada Weekend Trip - 2012

Replies

• DaziggDazigg Posts: 206 Officer
    TGunn wrote: »
    I had just planned on going in whichever direction the waterspouts take us.

I can see a new show for the Discovery Channel in the making. Waterspout Seekers! Coming Soon! New Series that will "blow" you away.
  • tailchaser16tailchaser16 Posts: 653 Officer
    Thinking of jumping on this run this year, weather permitting. Fyi, Chesapeake has a 2 night minimum stay. Might stay saturday, sunday and roll out monday a.m.
  • TGunnTGunn Posts: 1,861 Captain
    Thinking of jumping on this run this year, weather permitting. Fyi, Chesapeake has a 2 night minimum stay. Might stay saturday, sunday and roll out monday a.m.

All the places typically have 2-night stays on weekends.

If you want to book for just one night you typically need to wait until the week before the trip and call around to see which hotels are getting nervous that they won't have full occupancy; that's when they will let you just book one night.

I highly recommend calling Coral Bay Resort and asking to book one night just to **** them off and hear them talk about how everybody usually books an entire week there because they are so awesome. Their management allows no type of fun on the premises and is in great need of an enema.
  • mikegmikeg Posts: 39 Greenhorn
    Had a **** good time last year!! Gonna try to make it. Looking forward to the "open sores" competition at Woody's. :puke
  • Native FloridianNative Floridian Posts: 702 Officer
    I highly recommend calling Coral Bay Resort and asking to book one night just to **** them off and hear them talk about how everybody usually books an entire week there because they are so awesome. Their management allows no type of fun on the premises and is in great need of an enema.

Is that the place they built over on the bayside around from the Kon Tiki? Was an old hotel there for years that was in need of tearing down.
    P8260478.jpgPB300094-1.jpg
    Nevermind, got my wires crossed. I was thinking about that place where they built those perty townhouse things.
    Posted the link on MBC:USA
    mikeg wrote: »
    Posted the link on MBC:USA

I think you and Rainer may be the only ones willing to come out and play at events that haven't been homogenized and sterilized over at the MBC Political Re-Education Camp and Internet Forum.

As always, you'll be an integral part of the festivities. Your wimmins coming, too?
    I think you and Rainer may be the only ones willing to come out and play at events that haven't been homogenized and sterilized over at the MBC Political Re-Education Camp and Internet Forum.

As always, you'll be an integral part of the festivities. Your wimmins coming, too?

Looking very forward to it!! Still pissed I missed the blood bath in the restroom at Woody's! My wife is driving down as she's prego. I believe Will is flying solo this year. Booked our room at Pines and Palms today.
    mikeg wrote: »
    Looking very forward to it!! Still pissed I missed the blood bath in the restroom at Woody's! My wife is driving down as she's prego. I believe Will is flying solo this year. Booked our room at Pines and Palms today.

The bloodbath in the men's room at Woody's was interesting to say the least!

Is Will now single? That could be entertaining.
    Is Will now single? That could be entertaining.

He is and yes it will be!!
    :Glass
  • copout@castaways[email protected] Posts: 5,779 Admiral
    we're in, bring on the adult tasty beverages!!!!
    we're in, bring on the adult tasty beverages!!!!
    Awesome, nice work!
  • OviVOviV Posts: 229 Deckhand
    This sounds like fun but unfortunately I don't have the boat for it anymore. I could probably make it on the Grady but it would be hairy.
  • locoloco Posts: 1,294 Officer
    What size Grady? I made the run last year in a 21 Parker DVCC... Yes I was trimmed up with the tabs down, stayed on plane... but I didn't touch once, don't even recall kicking up mud..
    loco wrote: »
    What size Grady? I made the run last year in a 21 Parker DVCC... Yes I was trimmed up with the tabs down, stayed on plane... but I didn't touch once, don't even recall kicking up mud..

Don't believe Ovi when he tells you how big something is; I know I was severely disappointed. . .
  • Rein JaaksonRein Jaakson Posts: 20 Greenhorn
    Hey guys I'm interested in making that run tomorrow, I have not done that yet. I fish Flamingo a few times a month I just never run south. I fished the FFT is anyone going that fished that tournament? Where is everyone staying? thanks Rein
  • OviVOviV Posts: 229 Deckhand
    Don't believe Ovi when he tells you how big something is; I know I was severely disappointed. . .

There were tears in your eyes and it wasn't from laughing.

Grady White 265 express. There would be some pucker factor moments and no I am not talking about the big guy with the Herman Monster voice.

Ovi
    I fished the FFT is anyone going that fished that tournament? Where is everyone staying? thanks Rein

Honestly we stay all over the place; lots of us will be at LaJolla and Chesapeake I'm sure. I haven't booked yet but will soon.

Yes, there will be some guys from the FFT, myself included.
    I've been playing around with the idea of running a 29' SeaVee (she is on the light side, but I know from running in the keys she drafts a fair bit more than my old Parker) I'm pretty sure its doable, but might not be advisable!

This year, I'm going to take John's advise and stay hydrated...
    Booked at LaJolla. Sat & Sun
    Ok TGUNN thanks for the info. The dock at La Jolla is full but they have rooms. Would someone allow me to tie off their boat? The girl at the desk indicated that is acceptable Thanks,
    Ok TGUNN thanks for the info. The dock at La Jolla is full but they have rooms. Would someone allow me to tie off their boat? The girl at the desk indicated that is acceptable Thanks,

Fine with me, if La Jolla is ok with it...
    Thanks Loco. .. My charging system in my truck has failed. better at home than in the park. For sure! ! Unfortunately I ' ll be messing with that. Have a safe run there and back. Rein
    Wow I Was only a month off. LOL. Fixed my charging system and was on the road by 10 20 made it to Flamingo ramp 12 15. was wondering why I was the only one launching Mid day.. Fished till dark. A blonde moment for sure. Any way count me in for thar run. THANKS. Rein
  • copout@castaways[email protected] Posts: 5,779 Admiral
    Wow I Was only a month off. LOL. Fixed my charging system and was on the road by 10 20 made it to Flamingo ramp 12 15. was wondering why I was the only one launching Mid day.. Fished till dark. A blonde moment for sure. Any way count me in for thar run. THANKS. Rein

LOL, good stuff!
  • DaziggDazigg Posts: 206 Officer

That is OUTSTANDING!
    Your first clue should have been the weather...

So where is the fishing report?