Hurricane Isaac

Well it figures. I buy a place in Key Largo last August, work on it every weekend getting it to where it needs to be,,, hurricane heading towards it this year. :mad

So the question for you longer term keys guys and of couse assuming the track remains the same (2AM Monday sitting just off Key Largo) is Saturday going to be a zoo trying to get my boat out? I'd need to go to Pennekamp to pull it and I'm a bit concerned about everyone planning the same.

Any thoughs??

Thanks!!
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Fred

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Replies

• Yankee CaptsYankee Capts Posts: 851 Officer
    I would do it as early as possible if you need to pull it.

Welcome to the party.

Greg
  • pinfisherpinfisher Posts: 317 Deckhand
    Better do it soon. After a evac notice they don't allow trailers on the highway. You will have to leave it behind
  • mskin314mskin314 Posts: 55 Greenhorn
    I would pull it out now before the masses are all worked up by news stations looking to improve ratings. If this thing holds its current track, people will be going nuts all weekend.
  • launchpadlaunchpad Posts: 386 Officer
    gtpvette wrote: »
    Well it figures. I buy a place in Key Largo last August, work on it every weekend getting it to where it needs to be,,, hurricane heading towards it this year. :mad

So the question for you longer term keys guys and of couse assuming the track remains the same (2AM Monday sitting just off Key Largo) is Saturday going to be a zoo trying to get my boat out? I'd need to go to Pennekamp to pull it and I'm a bit concerned about everyone planning the same.

Any thoughs??

Thanks!!

i was wondering the same since my boat is tied up in BPK. I descided to get it tomorrow after checking the AM forecast to avoid the nightmare.
    "When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." Franklin D. Roosevelt
  • keylargo359keylargo359 Posts: 1,249 Officer
    gtpvette wrote: »

Any thoughs??

Thanks!!

Better safe than sorry I brought back to Miami my back country boat yesterday and will return today or tomorrow to bring my Ocean Boat and button up my trailer.check with penny Kamp the park will close way before the storm comes.
    The worst day of fishing is still better than the best day of work:\