Lower Keys Offshore 8/20/12

The weather has been very nice the last few days and I've been capitalizing on it by fishing offshore. There have been tons of weedlines and birds to work over. Most of which are holding dolphin. There have been infinite schoolies, and you just have to work through them meticulously to find the keepers, but they're definitely out there. I'd say the hot ticket has been 600 ft. on thinner weedlines with large amounts of birds working a focal point. I've just been driving near the birds, seeing the fish, and then proceeding from there.Attached is a picture of GotTaGo running a good lookin' boat in my neck of the woods I've been meaning to get to him for some time.Tight lines. :beer

Replies

• NorthernNorthern Posts: 875 Officer
    Nice report on your techniques for getting the bigger fins.

GotTaGo is going to really like that picture.
  • urbanRenewalurbanRenewal Posts: 395 Officer
    Nice work out there! Good to see Rob up this way chasing fish. How much longer will the camp stay open?
    Capt. Tom Urban, "urbanRenewal", Cudjoe Key, FL www.LooeKeyReefAdventures.com
  • PBTHPBTH Posts: 92 Deckhand
    Urban,

We'll have the last two crews of scouts arriving on the 24th. We're winding down quickly, with everything hopefully said and done on the 30th. It's been another great year.
  • TavernierGuyTavernierGuy Posts: 917 Officer
  • Got TA GoGot TA Go Posts: 2,608 Captain
    ...is a picture of GotTaGo running a good lookin' boat in my neck of the woods I've been meaning to get to him for some time.Tight lines. :beer

Great pic and report! :beer

Rob
    www.gottagofishinginkeywest.com

Hero's Don't Wear Capes....They Wear Dog Tags.
  • CaptBillCaptBill Posts: 271 Officer
    Great report and nice fish. I have enjoyed your reports this year and hope you return next year.
  • swordslayer71swordslayer71 Posts: 398 Deckhand
    CaptBill wrote: »
    Great report and nice fish. I have enjoyed your reports this year and hope you return next year.

Thanks, I'm taking a few weeks off for some R&R after the summer, but I'll be back down and will be staying until the end of next summer. I won't be on the water everyday anymore, but I'll definitely try to throw up some reports when I can.
  • ExocetExocet Posts: 55 Deckhand
    The work you do with the Scouts is first rate, hope to see you out on the water again next summer. Enjoy your R&R!
    Work is for people that don't know how to fish!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]