Who's Up For A Quiet Sunday Drive!

MenziesMenzies Posts: 19,289 AG
:)

highways-guoliang_650x366.jpg

One of the world's most dangerous roads -- it's been called the "road that does not tolerate any mistakes" since it first opened to traffic in 1977, high up in the Taihang Mountains of eastern China -- the Guoliang Tunnel Road is a tight squeeze, about 12 feet wide by 15 feet high.

More than two dozen "windows" were chiseled out of the sides of the 3/4-mile-long tunnel during the construction to empty out rubble, and today they offer stunning views from the cliffs into the valley hundreds of feet below. The road was built by the local villagers here to connect Guoliang with the outside world, and since then it's become a magnet for thousands of tourists every year.
Maybe if we tell people that the brain is an App, they will start using it.

Replies

• Mackeral SnatcherMackeral Snatcher Posts: 10,761 AG
    So your posting roads you don't have the balls to drive?
    Do i have that right?
    THERE SHOULD BE NO COMMERCIAL FISHING ALLOWED FOR ANY SPECIES THAT IS CONSIDERED OVERFISHED.
  • MenziesMenzies Posts: 19,289 AG
    So your posting roads you don't have the balls to drive?
    Do i have that right?

So what are you drinking? Whatever it is, it's too much for ya son. Go back to Bud Light.
  • TriplecleanTripleclean Posts: 6,591 Officer
    Yep thats a cool road. We had the little guys build our railroads back in the 1880s. Don't they have stuff like that in Itaily where you drive scooters around?
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Yep thats a cool road. We had the little guys build our railroads back in the 1880s. Don't they have stuff like that in Itaily where you drive scooters around?

Tha Amalfi Coast Road. We had a driver on it last week. He offered to let me drive the Merc Van, I politely declined!
  • Mackeral SnatcherMackeral Snatcher Posts: 10,761 AG
    Menzies wrote: »
    Tha Amalfi Coast Road. We had a driver on it last week. He offered to let me drive the Merc Van, I politely declined!

So I was right about you not having the stones(is that the proper galic word?) to drive the road?
    THERE SHOULD BE NO COMMERCIAL FISHING ALLOWED FOR ANY SPECIES THAT IS CONSIDERED OVERFISHED.
  • Split ShotSplit Shot Posts: 6,162 Admiral
    What's the point of the thread?
    The point is Menzies has many pictures he is getting read to download onto the site with all the new cameras he bought, BUT all the hot Itailian chicks pictures he was going to have were deleted by all his women. So get ready for pictures of roads.

To think what you could to with 100 megapixel shot like this!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
  • 9-Lives9-Lives Posts: 2,121 Captain
    I'm so good I'd drive it drunk
    marlin_baitball.gif
    9-Lives wrote: »
    I'm so good I'd drive it drunk

OK Mr. 8 Lives....
  • kodiakzachkodiakzach Posts: 6,078 Admiral
    Doesnt seem too bad at all. There is a 3 to 4 ft high stone wall keeping you from going over along the entire edge. I'd much rather drive there than down the Amalfi coast, or some of the roads in Costa Rica.
    Yep, got to thank Bill Clinton and Sam Walton for letting those chicoms get out of the bag.

That video makes me sick.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    That truck either has a horse in the back seat or something very loose!
  • Hickory DogHickory Dog Posts: 5,047 Officer
    Yep, got to thank Bill Clinton and Sam Walton for letting those chicoms get out of the bag.

That video makes me sick.

Everything with you is someone else's fault isn't it? I suppose you only purchase American made products and have never set foot in Wal Mart, right?
  • 9-Lives9-Lives Posts: 2,121 Captain
    That video would have been much more fun if we rode along with NYC driver that passed us.
    marlin_baitball.gif
    Everything with you is someone else's fault isn't it? I suppose you only purchase American made products and have never set foot in Wal Mart, right?
    35 years ago when the chicoms built this tunnel they were using ox carts, bicycles, and rickshaws. I would bet that most of the work for the tunnel road was done by manpower. Not much changed in the PRC for hundreds of years and not much changed until may 1994 when PRC was given Most Favroite Nation status.......Because we exported $8 billion a year to them, things like catipillar equipment and such. With MFN we allowed a communist country to mearge a central party leadership with a huge untapped market. They will out end up out comsuming us for every resource. We did this by the lobbying of Sam Walton, the richest man in America in the early 90s so he could get cheap crap into his dimestores. 35 years they are a world power with their eyes on us. They are hungry,young,smart,focused and there is a billion of them. BHO keeps reducing nuke stock piles that are needed to contain their threat with treatys with the Russians.....Its stupid. Every day I think lets get them and knock them out clean while we still can.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
  • jimmy77jimmy77 Posts: 1,690 Captain
    [video=youtube_share;7ttS0wkJpXs]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]